• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, X_Phile said:

I have one that has been sitting long enough at the PO waiting to be picked up by CGC, that I am getting notices that it will be returned to me in 7 days if not picked up.  

Screenshot_20210208-111252_USPS Mobile.jpg

My worry is the potential for packages getting misplaced within the USPS facility if they start running out of room in one section due to an overflow of boxes. 

1 minute ago, skybolt said:

My worry is the potential for packages getting misplaced within the USPS facility if they start running out of room in one section due to an overflow of boxes. 

I'd call them, ask if there is an issue at the PO. Did you do delivery with no signature? I did.

7 minutes ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

I'd call them, ask if there is an issue at the PO. Did you do delivery with no signature? I did.

I don't have any boxes at the USPS office currently, but typically insure my boxes. That being said, I have about 5 separate submissions sitting in my closet until CGC receives the packages quicker.

Edited by skybolt

24 minutes ago, skybolt said:

Pretty soon CGC will go full bore into the signature series with a couple of walk-in and standard submissions trickled in there.

March 19th is the submission deadline.  They have THREE signature events in and around the same bleeping week!!!!!  Unbelievable. 

1 hour ago, skybolt said:

Yeah, that is my worry too. They could at least pick up the shipments and load them in. I think I will email and ask them when they plan on picking up, and see what they say..... 

On 2/5/2021 at 11:16 AM, skybolt said:

I think that as others have mentioned, CGC should look at hiring temporary employees to help pick-up, open and record books as being received in a timely manner. It won't help with the overall wait time, but at least we'll know the books have arrived safe and sound.

If people are going to pay them extra for being slow they have no incentive to speed things up. Its not like they will lose money paying more workers because they have orders piling up.

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 11/24/20
Received 12/07/20

Delivered 12/20/20
Received 12/29/20

Delivered 01/11/21
Received 01/23/21

Delivered 01/25/21
Received 02/08/21

Modern Slow Track (25 Books)
Delivered 01/29/21

5 minutes ago, Willbert said:

9 Books - Modern - Slow

Delivered: 12/03

Received:  12/11

SFG:       02/05

G/Q:       02/09   

Shipped: 

Wow, it seems like CGC is stuck on that 12/11 received date for moderns graded (since mid January).