• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,979 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

I'm too lazy to weed through previous posts.

Anyone have information/insight on how long after items arrive at the PO BOX that CGC 'picks them up'?

Based on recent posts, the average seems to be around 2 weeks (or maybe 10 days).

Edited by skybolt

1 minute ago, sagekilz said:

ppppeeerrrrffffeeeeccccttttt

I assume that most people send their packages via USPS. If CGC is waiting this long to pick them up, it might be a good idea to send packages via FedEx or USPS. Do these get delivered straight to the CGC office?

2 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

February 6, 2021, 3:56 pm
Available for Pickup
SARASOTA, FL 34230 
Your item arrived at the SARASOTA, FL 34230 post office at 3:56 pm on February 6, 2021 and is ready for pickup.

These books should be graded when, July?  

I say June the earliest...but hey according to some people on here cgc is happy w their business model.

3 minutes ago, skybolt said:

I assume that most people send their packages via USPS. If CGC is waiting this long to pick them up, it might be a good idea to send packages via FedEx or USPS. Do these get delivered straight to the CGC office?

I've ALWAYS sent my books UPS - literally just wanted to try something different.  Nope.  Lesson learned.

Edited by sagekilz

Available for Pickup
SARASOTA, FL 34230 
Your item arrived at the SARASOTA, FL 34230 post office at 3:56 pm on February 6, 2021 and is ready for pickup.

I think CGC is shooting themselves in the foot, especially with respect to Walk Thru service. There's no way people sending in their $5k plus books would feel comfortable having their package sitting at the post office for 2 weeks (even if labeled as Walk Thru on the outside).

Didn't realize (shame on me) CGC doesn't pick the picks up from the PO BOX within a couple days.  When UPS delivers the books, they're delivered, AT CGC.  Bleep the USPS.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!  Thanks for the input! UPS for the win ! 

Didn't realize (shame on me) CGC doesn't pick the picks up from the PO BOX within a couple days.  When UPS delivers the books, they're delivered, AT CGC.  Bleep the USPS.

I haven't sent anything via UPS lately. FedEx is safe and deliver packages on time, but I hate the fact they over charge me on prepaid Ebay labels after the fact (not CGC submission related). With pre labels I thought FedEX was the cheapest, until I started looking at my Ebay invoice and noticed they were charging an additional $5 on each shipment after the fact for travel expenses. So shady.

11 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

Available for Pickup
SARASOTA, FL 34230 

Yep. I had a batch of books that were delivered to the P.O. Box on 01/31, and now the status from USPS is stating, "delivery attempted." I have only had this happen one other time, but my assumption is that CGC has the package, but it wasn't scanned as delivered. The last time it happened, CGC updated their site with the books being received (finally), and I am not sure if USPS ever updated their status. 

Just now, skybolt said:

I haven't sent anything via UPS lately. FedEx is safe and deliver packages on time, but I hate the fact they over charge me on prepaid Ebay labels after the fact (not CGC submission related). With pre labels I thought FedEX was the cheapest, until I started looking at my Ebay invoice and noticed they were charging an additional $5 on each shipment after the fact for travel expenses. So shady.

What's the rate for Ups?? If you don't mind me asking? 

There is, if I'm not mistaken, and address to send for USPS regular mail and a different one for FedEx and UPS......... check the email of your order, I'll double check mine so that I'm saying this correctly...

9 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

What's the rate for Ups?? If you don't mind me asking? 

I ship books via my workplace.  UPS shipping prices are 90% dimensional weight and 10% actual weight.  You can have a box that weighs 2 pounds but has dimensions of 10x10x10 and it'll be $30.  However, personally, FedEx or UPS are MUCH more reliable when it comes to delivery times and proof of delivery.  USPS is way cheaper but it's a figurative bleep-shoot. 

Edited by sagekilz