• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

I ship books via my workplace.  UPS shipping prices are 90% dimensional weight and 10% actual weight.  You can have a box that weighs 2 pounds but has dimensions of 10x10x10 and it'll be $30.  However, personally, FedEx or UPS are MUCH more reliable when it comes to delivery times and proof of delivery.  USPS is way cheaper but it's a figurative -shoot. 

Maybe to CGC, but UPS and FedEx are notoriously worse for me overall. I feel like most packages get transferred to USPS for the last mile which adds 2-3 days for delivery. Would rather just use the USPS.

3 minutes ago, Tnexus said:

Maybe to CGC, but UPS and FedEx are notoriously worse for me overall. I feel like most packages get transferred to USPS for the last mile which adds 2-3 days for delivery. Would rather just use the USPS.

Everyone has different experiences, and to be fair, my USPS experiences are hit or miss at best.  Out of lets say 100 packages I've sent this week to various people of businesses, maybe 1 or 2 have had an issue via UPS or FedEx.  USPS? Probably 20 out of 100.

Edited by sagekilz

16 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

I ship books via my workplace.  UPS shipping prices are 90% dimensional weight and 10% actual weight.  You can have a box that weighs 2 pounds but has dimensions of 10x10x10 and it'll be $30.  However, personally, FedEx or UPS are MUCH more reliable when it comes to delivery times and proof of delivery.  USPS is way cheaper but it's a figurative bleep-shoot. 

@Ninja0215, here's what I mean...

Measure out a 8x8x7 box, it's not big at all but it adds $3.

DFG.jpg

GFHJ.jpg

Edited by sagekilz

8 minutes ago, Shockmaster said:

Keep the Modern and Modern Prescreen status updates coming!

Odd that prescreens are going to SFG earlier than regular Moderns received on the same day. 

Unfortunately, these days scheduled for grading and received could mean the same thing. For instance, my 12/21 MSL submission went from received to SFG 3 weeks ago, but nothing since.

Edited by skybolt

20 hours ago, skybolt said:

I assume that most people send their packages via USPS. If CGC is waiting this long to pick them up, it might be a good idea to send packages via FedEx or USPS. Do these get delivered straight to the CGC office?

Hi:   My understanding from reading several posts by CGC (in the ask CGC forum) is that CGC has their own Post Office Annex. Therefore when a box is "Delivered to Post Office" CGC has it and is placed in their vault.  They normally take approximately 2 weeks to open the box and enter into the CGC system as "received" status (unless Walkthru/Express).  They open the received boxes in order (sorta of) they were delivered.  I think opening time period is the same whether sent UPS/USPS/Fedex.

Hope this helps.

49 minutes ago, buddy2 said:

Hi:   My understanding from reading several posts by CGC (in the ask CGC forum) is that CGC has their own Post Office Annex. Therefore when a box is "Delivered to Post Office" CGC has it and is placed in their vault.  They normally take approximately 2 weeks to open the box and enter into the CGC system as "received" status (unless Walkthru/Express).  They open the received boxes in order (sorta of) they were delivered.  I think opening time period is the same whether sent UPS/USPS/Fedex.

Hope this helps.

That is correct. I talked to them yesterday as I was concerned with an email I received saying my package would be returned. They told what you said  they have their "Post Office" the notice is an automated response from the USPS. Nothing will be returned. They did confirm they are 2 weeks behind. 

59 minutes ago, X_Phile said:

That is correct. I talked to them yesterday as I was concerned with an email I received saying my package would be returned. They told what you said  they have their "Post Office" the notice is an automated response from the USPS. Nothing will be returned. They did confirm they are 2 weeks behind. 

Thanks for confirmation.   I have been sending in Books regularly since October 2020 and they have consistently "been 2 weeks behind" in opening during that period of time.  I suggest that this 2 week timeframe from "delivery" to CGC and seeing the books show up in system as "received" is likely the norm at least for the foreseeable future regardless if sent UPS/USPS/Fedex.

Edited by buddy2

28 minutes ago, buddy2 said:

Thanks for confirmation.   I have been sending in Books regularly since October 2020 and they have consistently "been 2 weeks behind" in opening during that period of time.  I suggest that this 2 week timeframe from "delivery" to CGC and seeing the books show up in system as "received" is likely the norm at least for the foreseeable future regardless if sent UPS/USPS/Fedex.

Thank you for the info. The 2 week wait period has definitely been consistent for the past 4 months or so. That being said, the batches I sent back in August and September were logged into the system just 3 days after delivery. In any case, it's good to know that the books are safe and sound at the USPS annex office, so we don't have to worry about a postal worker moving packages from one overloaded section of the post office to another.