• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Shockmaster said:

Does anyone have updates on Modern prescreen? I have one that has been in SFG for a little while now and was wondering where CGC is at grading that tier

As soon as I say this, it has moved to Grading/Quality Control. :applause:

Edited by Shockmaster

17 hours ago, Callaway29 said:
17 hours ago, kimik said:

I guess the upside from the longer turnaround times is that it prevented us from selling the books that are in for grading before the run up of the past couple of weeks........

I just tried to do the "laughing" face emoji to your comment (which there's actual truth to btw), and it's gone. Only like, thanks, and cry face... Did I not get the memo?

I was not being facetious, just stating a fact that despite all the complaining about turnaround times in this thread, there is a silver lining. Personally, I am fine with the backlog as some of the books I have in for grading have basically doubled the past few weeks. If they were in my hands before then, I would have left a lot on the table. My :wishluck: the COVID cheques mean prices keep running so it will be a 3X+ when I get them back.

Edited by kimik

4 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Unless we miss the boat. Titanic?

This reminds me of the start of the last big bubble back in 1990 or 1991, so we have a bit of time left. I was only in my mid teens at the time, but it was a fun time to buy and sell comics and sportscards. The best flip I had was selling OPC Premiere hockey card sets at $130 apiece - you got 3 and a half sets per $20 box.

Edited by kimik

9 minutes ago, kimik said:

This reminds me of the start of the last big bubble back in 1990 or 1991, so we have a bit of time left. I was only in my mid teens at the time, but it was a fun time to buy and sell comics and sportscards. The best flip I had was selling OPC Premiere hockey card sets at $130 apiece - you got 3 and a half sets per $20 box.

I missed the whole bubble as I stopped buying new in 87/88 before getting back in around ‘94. Not many moderns after that truthfully but lots of collections with tons of them there. Modern tier is definitely my favorite for submission. 

Edited by ThothAmon

Brother in law shipped 4 moderns(Something is Killing the Children #1's) under my account 2/6/2021

USPS says it was accepted 2/10/2021

They never updated it as received so he called them and they said that they were just adding comics they had received from the first week of February to the queue and that his would probably take 2 weeks longer to even show up.

Miraculously, 3 days later it was updated to "received" in the system. lol 

So 3/2 received. Slow track modern, no press. 

Edited by colossus127

4 minutes ago, colossus127 said:

Brother in law shipped 4 moderns(Something is Killing the Children #1's) under my account 2/6/2021

USPS says it was accepted 2/10/2021

They never updated it as received so he called them and they said that they were just adding comics they had received from the first week of February to the queue and that his would probably take 2 weeks longer to even show up.

Miraculously, 3 days later it was updated to "received" in the system. lol 

So 3/2 received. Slow track modern, no press. 

That lines up to what others have said too, I have a delivered 2/24 and a 3/5, which both are not marked received yet....  :sorry:

• Order of 75 books Normal track Modern, no press, Pre-screen
    • Shipped Feb 03, 2021
    • Signed for by CGC Feb 09, 2021
    • Received TBD
      • Sent for grading TBD
      • Quality Control TBD
      • Shipped TBD
  • Order of 6 books Normal track Modern, no press.
    • Shipped Feb 03, 2021
    • Signed for by CGC Feb 09, 2021
    • Received TBD
      • Sent for grading TBD
      • Quality Control TBD
      • Shipped TBD

3 minutes ago, Willbert said:

10 Book - Fast Track Modern

Delivered: 02/19

Received:  02/22

SFG:       03/08

G/Q:       03/10

Shipped:

That's a closer gap between delivered and received, I have some mags delivered 2/24 still not received, I guess you wrote fast track on the box?

20 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's a closer gap between delivered and received, I have some mags delivered 2/24 still not received, I guess you wrote fast track on the box?

Yes. Yes, I did. But not really with expectation that it would get processed sooner. More so because this whole shipment was FT and I thought it might be helpful. Typically I send mixed tiers and write nothing. I have heard of people doing 50 book subs and including 1 express tier book just so it gets opened right away. Disappointing that that's what it's come too.

Edited by Willbert

FAST TRACK ECONOMY (+CCS)
Estimate at submission:  "16 working days"
Delivered:  1/15/21
Received: 1/26/21 (Interval to = 6 business days)
Charged by CCS:  2/15/21 (Interval to = 14 business days)
Received (again) Book 1 of 2: 3/4/21 (Interval to = 13 business days)

Charged by CCS:  2/15/21 (Interval to = 18 business days)
Received (again) Book 2 of 2: 3/10/21 (Interval to = 17 business days)

MAGAZINE MODERN (+CCS)
Estimate at submission:  "74 working days"

VALUE (+CCS)
Estimate at submission:  "89 working days"
Received: 1/26/21 (Interval to = 6 business days

Charged by CCS:  2/15/21 (Interval to = 14 business days)
Received (again) Book 1 of 2: 3/4/21 (Interval to = 13 business days)

Scheduled for Grading: 3/11/21 (Interval to: = 5 business days)!!!