• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,979 posts in this topic

*SIGH* 1 package containing 21 books, 4 of which were Express...received by CGC Tuesday March 2nd.  STILL not showing up in my Submissions page as Received...17 days later. Since it's Friday night...might as well call it monday. That's THREE WEEKS.

Well it appears the Value normal tier and Value "fast" track TAT both went up again :pullhair:.  It appears it is now back up to 89 business days and 53 business days.  Plus looking like it is taking approximately 2-3 weeks now to receive before you enter the queue which means really the TAT is 99/106 days for normal and 63/68 for "fast".

45 minutes ago, buddy2 said:

Well it appears the Value normal tier and Value "fast" track TAT both went up again :pullhair:.  It appears it is now back up to 89 business days and 53 business days.  Plus looking like it is taking approximately 2-3 weeks now to receive before you enter the queue which means really the TAT is 99/106 days for normal and 63/68 for "fast".

UGH  :(  
Hopefully they will soon get settled into their announced expansion and this will have a positive effect on TAT.  

12 hours ago, Sackolantern said:

*SIGH* 1 package containing 21 books, 4 of which were Express...received by CGC Tuesday March 2nd.  STILL not showing up in my Submissions page as Received...17 days later. Since it's Friday night...might as well call it monday. That's THREE WEEKS.

Did you mark EX all over the box? What method did you ship them?

2 hours ago, buddy2 said:

Still not deterring people from sending books in, my experience has put me off big style.  

18 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

And this right here is another reason I use Joey as well.. 

not me

I use him just for the pressing

the drop off is a bonus

have some couth man!

bantering throughout different threads makes me feel like reed and doom fighting in the timestream

rutt-roh, maybe time to take a walk outside!

3 hours ago, buddy2 said:

value is always a beast so I don't use it unless I really do not need it back in any realistic time frame. it saves good money on the subs for books in that value/date range but you pay in time for sure

7 minutes ago, Bird said:

not me

I use him just for the pressing

the drop off is a bonus

have some couth man!

bantering throughout different threads makes me feel like reed and doom fighting in the timestream

rutt-roh, maybe time to take a walk outside!

This was why I said another reason. 

I use him for pressing as he is the man when it comes to that, but as you said it is an added bonus and another reason to use him, that he drops the books directly at CGC which saves on added shipping and reduces the times books are in the hands of shipping companies. 

1 hour ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

This was why I said another reason. 

I use him for pressing as he is the man when it comes to that, but as you said it is an added bonus and another reason to use him, that he drops the books directly at CGC which saves on added shipping and reduces the times books are in the hands of shipping companies. 

he's the best

sorry if I misspoke in my haste

28 minutes ago, Bird said:

thank you, I was too eager to be goofy but it shouldn't have been at you guys' expense

I didn't read it that way, but do appreciate the sentiment.  It is all good. 

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Predictive text messed that up. I did not read it that way.

On 3/16/2021 at 5:10 PM, HotKey said:

Express (1 book):

Delivered: 3/16 

Received: 3/16

Going to add express pressing to it.

Express pressing added and confirmed 3/17. (March 30th = end of 10 day TAT)

---

13 modern fast track (no ccs):

Delivered 3/20, heavily marked "FT" all over.

FAST TRACK ECONOMY (+CCS)
Estimate at submission:  "16 working days"
Delivered:  1/15/21
Received: 1/26/21 (Interval to = 6 business days)
Charged by CCS:  2/15/21 (Interval to = 18 business days)
Received (again) Book 2 of 2: 3/10/21 (Interval to = 17 business days)
Charged by CGC: 3/16/21 (Interval to = 4 business days)
Scheduled for Grading: 3/17/21 (Interval to = 1 business day)

Grading Quality Control: 3/19/21 (interval to = 2 business days)