current turn around rates at CGC
68 68

15,998 posts in this topic

Got back my 2/6 FT Pre-Screen Modern submission this week. Lowest 9.8 rate I ever had on a modern submission since I started submitting in 2004. Including one 9.8 that was damaged and an 8.5 range book that received a 9.6. Quite a few that were head scratchers. I'll be calling tomorrow to see what can be done with the damaged 9.8 copy. 

I have three groups of books in for grading right now:

Received    Items    Service    Status
2/23/2021    25    FAST TRACK VALUE    Scheduled for Grading
1/22/2021    24    MODERN    Grading / Quality Control
1/20/2021    25    VALUE    Received

So far it looks like they are on schedule with the stated TATs when they were received. 

Is there an estimate of how long it takes from the time books are delivered (via USPS Priority Mail) to the time they are marked Received?

Just now, Hibou said:

Is there an estimate of how long it takes from the time books are delivered (via USPS Priority Mail) to the time they are marked Received?

about 3 weeks unless you have fast track, walk through, express, or a in-house-signing written on the outer of the package....

I feel like I cheated the system. I had a mechanical error, reholder, and 2 fast track moderns delivered on 3/22. The ME was received on 3/23 and the reholder and 2 fast tracks were received today. I did write ME all over the box with a sharpie. 

Hopefully Carma won't bite and give me less than 9.8s 

:whee:

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Modern S/S FastTrack
TAT as of Receipt Date: 3 - 6 weeks per CGC/SWAU marketing email
Number of books: 1
Received CGC: 12/5
Signing Date: 2/20
Scheduled for Grading: 2/27
Grading/Quality Control: 3/17

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped: 3/24
Received (by owner): TBD

I had an Express submission delivered on 3/19. I wrote EX on the box but it hasn't been scanned as received yet. Is it normal for it to take this long for those to get logged in? 

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

about 3 weeks unless you have fast track, walk through, express, or a in-house-signing written on the outer of the package....

Thank you!

14 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

I had an Express submission delivered on 3/19. I wrote EX on the box but it hasn't been scanned as received yet. Is it normal for it to take this long for those to get logged in? 

it's been a minute since it's been like that so not sure at all, so not sure myself, if your willing then give a call, at least we could find out and get a report from you lol 

I hope, and I hope it's quicker for you 

Express -  1 Book

• Delivered - 3/16
  • Received - 3/16
  • SFG - 3/18
  • Date graded 3/18
  • G/QC - 3/20
  • F/I/S - 3/23
  • Received - ?

Economy - Fast Track  7 books

• Delivered - 3/16
  • Received - 3/16
  • SFG - ?
Edited by ChrispyC66
1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

it's been a minute since it's been like that so not sure at all, so not sure myself, if your willing then give a call, at least we could find out and get a report from you lol 

I hope, and I hope it's quicker for you 

Yeah I might call if it isn't in by Friday :wishluck:

All I can say with respect to how CGC has been packing lately is that they are running out of supplies, as they are packing differently.

Also, some books that don't need thick slabs are being put into them probably that they are low in supply of the regular slabs. 

xoxo

greggy

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 01/11/21
Received 01/23/21
Scheduled for Grading 03/12/21
Grading / Quality Control 03/24/21

Delivered 01/25/21
Received 02/08/21

Modern Slow Track (25 Books)
Delivered 01/29/21
Received 02/15/21

Delivered 03/09/21

Delivered 03/23/21

26 minutes ago, greggy said:

All I can say with respect to how CGC has been packing lately is that they are running out of supplies, as they are packing differently.

Also, some books that don't need thick slabs are being put into them probably that they are low in supply of the regular slabs. 

xoxo

greggy

Since when does Next Men 21 need a thick slab?

26 minutes ago, greggy said:

xoxo

greggy

Thank you. That confirms my fears. My last batch definitely was packaged way worse than normal and a few cases got cracked and had to be shipped back. Really hope we do not get hit with a , " sorry we have run out of packing materials and our slab cases are on back order, so we have had to suspend grading until our supplies have been restocked. " 

:(

2 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Thank you. That confirms my fears. My last batch definitely was packaged way worse than normal and a few cases got cracked and had to be shipped back. Really hope we do not get hit with a , " sorry we have run out of packing materials and our slab cases are on back order, so we have had to suspend grading until our supplies have been restocked. " 

None of my books got damaged!

18 minutes ago, greggy said:

None of my books got damaged!

Are the cases clear? Because most I get back have scuffing. 

39 minutes ago, greggy said:

Since when does Next Men 21 need a thick slab?

Are you still talking about comics?  Otherwise the thick slabs of 21 men you choose to spend time with is best left to yourself.  CGC: Classy Greggy Club?  :insane:

37 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

My book is being packed and shipped back.  Now you've got me worried.

1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

Are the cases clear? Because most I get back have scuffing. 

I didn't check all 150 books but the one I looked at looked fine to me.