• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

When were they received?

They were received for Quick Press back on 11/16/20, then switched to SFG on 4/8, Grading on 4/13 and Shipped yesterday. This was not fast tracked, so I'm not sure why it moved so quickly once it got to CGC. One thing I wanted to add is that CCS did reach out to me in late March regarding one of my books not being eligible for pressing. My gut tells me the books were pressed around march 24th, but took 2 weeks to get input into the system by CGC.

1 minute ago, skybolt said:

They were received for Quick Press back on 11/16/20, then switched to SFG on 4/8, Grading on 4/13 and Shipped yesterday. This was not fast tracked, so I'm not sure why it moved so quickly once it got to CGC. One thing I wanted to add is that CCS did reach out to me in late March regarding one of my books not being eligible for pressing. My gut tells me the books were pressed around march 24th, but took 2 weeks to get input into the system by CGC.

I have a modern slow received 3/26, it's probably not time enough for me to think about it being too soon the future lol 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

I have a modern slow received 3/26, it's probably not time enough for me to think about it being too soon the future lol 

From past experience, if CGC thinks that the pressing part took a much longer time than what they regard as feasible, they will expedite the grading part. My guy tells me that CGC is not too happy with the 110 business day turnaround time for pressing.

Just now, skybolt said:

From past experience, if CGC thinks that the pressing part took a much longer time than what they regard as feasible, they will expedite the grading part. My guy tells me that CGC is not too happy with the 110 business day turnaround time for pressing.

ah good to know, it's worth noting that I didn't pay for press, but I usually don't.

Still, noticing this TAT thread, even some of the same person's subs have been done at different than first in first out times....

so all with a grain of salt I guess....

Sorry if someone else already pointed this out...

Anyone else see the new "Confirm Package Receipt" tool on the My Submissions page. And this message on top of the tracking page "Note: Your submissions won’t appear here until they’ve been entered into our system. To check if we’ve received your package, click here."

So far I can't get it not work. Even tried an old submission that is already checked in from last month. If using the tracking number shown on my Order Acknowledgement. But it is a step in the right direction I guess if the it's going to take a month+ to check-in books.

2 minutes ago, Willbert said:

Sorry if someone else already pointed this out...

Anyone else see the new "Confirm Package Receipt" tool on the My Submissions page. And this message on top of the tracking page "Note: Your submissions won’t appear here until they’ve been entered into our system. To check if we’ve received your package, click here."

So far I can't get it not work. Even tried an old submission that is already checked in from last month. If using the tracking number shown on my Order Acknowledgement. But it is a step in the right direction I guess if the it's going to take a month+ to check-in books.

Glad you said that as I too have entered "delivered" items that are in limbo and it says they have not been received. I also tried one that is listed and it also says not received.

I sent in 40 books in December and the order was split up for pressing and non-pressing.  It took forever, but the books that weren't getting pressed came back.  I am still waiting to see my pressing submissions move out of received- this seems to be pushing the upper bounds of forever....  it also took almost 10 extra days from the time the books were marked as shipped by UPS to the time they showed up as 'Received' by CGC.  If my books were marked as 'Received' on 12/23/2020- is there any estimate on how much longer I will be waiting?

Edited by bigbillguts

A bit over a week late now on this group for grading from January. When it was received the stated TAT was 47 days. Excluding weekends and holidays, it is at 60 business days since receipt, and with the current stated TAT of 74 days I would have expected it to at least be in Scheduled for Grading status by now. :(

25 book Value submission

Received - 1/20/21

Scheduled for Grading - Not yet

Graded/Quality Control -

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped - 

3 hours ago, bigbillguts said:

I sent in 40 books in December and the order was split up for pressing and non-pressing.  It took forever, but the books that weren't getting pressed came back.  I am still waiting to see my pressing submissions move out of received- this seems to be pushing the upper bounds of forever....  it also took almost 10 extra days from the time the books were marked as shipped by UPS to the time they showed up as 'Received' by CGC.  If my books were marked as 'Received' on 12/23/2020- is there any estimate on how much longer I will be waiting?

My 12/21 quick press is still marked as received. My 11/16 quick press moved to  grading on 4/8. My gut tells me we still have a couple of weeks before our December submissions reach that point.

19 hours ago, PKJ said:

Be interested to hear on this, was this CCS to CGC? I have a Walkthrough that should get there in the next day or two for grading only though.

image.thumb.png.2982f8361b3c81e29538bb63a29ff294.png

Switched to scheduled for grading today so we will see, I guess it takes a day to schedule and then a day to grade for walkthrough.  Today is 15 business days since the original received date of 3/29.  They say 10 days for walk through pressing but its closer to 14 days.  So far, pretty accurate to what they are posting for TAT.  

3 hours ago, Willbert said:

25 Book - Pre-Screen Modern

Delivered: 03/22

Received:  04/17

SFG:       04/17

G/Q:       

Shipped:

Ooh, I like that. My books delivered 3/26, so here's hoping they show up in the system in the next few working days.  :wishluck: 

My impression is that if you don't spend the extra for fast track you are screwed.  From the dates I'm seeing posted any NEWLY arrived fast track is going to leap frog over your submission until there aren't any fast tracks left to grade, which won't happen anytime in the next 12 months.  I've had standard submissions sitting there for 2 1/2 months now while I watch all of these fast tracks get logged in and scheduled for grading in a matter of a few days (or less).  I'm not going to be cynical and say this was the plan all along in order to force people to pay for fast track.  Instead I will take them at their word.  But that also means the situation should subside within a month or so.