• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,984 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Chazgee said:

Mags are the worst. 2 years ago, I had one mag Received in May, CCS pressed in August, and F/I/S in December. But I had to send it back to be regraded because the grader "didn't realize it was a double cover".  :facepalm:

Luckily, they allowed me to send it back as a Mechanical Error so I got it back in 3 weeks.

Yeesh. That's a heartwarming story.  :eek: 

Well all this is not boding well for my hope to flip some Boba Fett books before the new show arrives.

@joeypost I know your website is usually behind, but any chance you know what week/month you're currently on for submissions?

1 minute ago, Tnexus said:

Well all this is not boding well for my hope to flip some Boba Fett books before the new show arrives.

@joeypost I know your website is usually behind, but any chance you know what week/month you're currently on for submissions?

I will have an update this week. 

The current turnaround for economy pressing and grading is 276 working days. At 20 working days a month, that is 13.8 months. Add 1 month for them to open the package, 1 week transfer between CCS and CGC, and 2 weeks delivery to and from CGC, that's a total of 15.5 months door to door.  Really? Reallllly?  My math must be wrong.

So the package I mailed on 4/1/21 I will not see again until 7/15/22.

Edited by WernerVonDoom

My 20 Modern books were shipped to CGC by my presser on 7 May.  He received them on 7 April.  One month down, a few more to go.  My pressing connection told me that TAT as of 7 May was 64 days for modern.  That may change, or course.  Now comes the fingernail-biting wait...

I have to assume that the new policy of TAT starting when the books are delivered does not apply to CCS services.  I have a standard book delivered 4/5 not even opened until 5/3.  Current TAT for pressing that just went up from 10 days to 14 days.

On 5/5/2021 at 8:41 AM, mysterio said:

Getting a little frustrated with the lack of FIFO:

1/18 Modern Prescreen SFG (since 3/31)

1/20 Modern Prescreen shipped yesterday

1/29 Modern Prescreen SFG

2/2 Modern Prescreen went QC today

:taptaptap:

Update:

1/18 PS still at SFG (since 3/31)

1/20 PS shipped 5/4

1/29 PS still at SFG

2/2 PS shipped today

doh!

Wow-- 16,000+ posts in this thread.

I have a $5000 comic I'm thinking of sending in for the "WalkThrough" service. Given the delays and frustration I'm see here-- should I wait until CGC has a better control of all the demand?

57 minutes ago, kcma said:

I have a $5000 comic I'm thinking of sending in for the "WalkThrough" service. Given the delays and frustration I'm see here-- should I wait until CGC has a better control of all the demand?

TBF this thread started in like 2011 or 12. Somewhere around there. 

As to submitting your walkthru book? All up to you, but it's kind of like wait now thru CGC or wait on own with no ptogress being made on your book at all. And don't forget, even though they are really backed up now, Cons will start up again and even in normal times, the SS signings and con submissions would throw everything out of whack too. 

1 hour ago, kcma said:

Do it now, unless you're willing to wait until next year to submit with no assurances that it will be "better".

4 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

Did anyone's February order go to pressing ??  Modern tier . 

Sorry, not sure what you mean by go to pressing. Books to be pressed will generally be received by CGC about a month after delivery, and they go directly to CCS. The next time you'll hear anything is when they charge your credit card, typically a few weeks before they're graded. For instance, for my 12/21 received submission my credit card was charged on 4/20.

Just now, skybolt said:

Sorry, not sure what you mean by go to pressing. Books to be pressed will generally be received by CGC about a month after delivery, and they go directly to CCS. The next time you'll hear anything is when they charge your credit card, typically a few weeks before they're graded. For instance, for my 12/21 received submission my credit card was charged on 4/20.

Thanks dude, My order received on february2nd hasn't been received by cgc yet, Hopefully i hear something soon. Thanks again . 

25 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

Thanks dude, My order received on february2nd hasn't been received by cgc yet, Hopefully i hear something soon. Thanks again . 

Sorry, I meant if they're to be pressed, then they should show up as received under your submissions. This means that CCS received them, but CGC entered them into the system. I would definitely call if they're not even shown as being received.