• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You Have to Be Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38 posts in this topic

i do not have an ebay user id -- anyone else email the seller asking for serial #'s or anything??

He'd be too stoned to reply, I'd imagine. He was too far gone to notice he'd put the fake Spidey 1 and Superman 1 auctions up twice, and now one of each has been shilled ridiculously high, while the other has yet to get anywhere.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif -- i wish i had a shill account, just for these kinds of special occasions -- i would bid these things to the moon

My email :

Ok, then, can I get a close up pic of the book? That one is from far away.

Thanks!

Email back :

yeah give me a few minutes... have to set up camera and [!@#%^&^] ok.. smile.gif

i do not have an ebay user id -- anyone else email the seller asking for serial #'s or anything??

He'd be too stoned to reply, I'd imagine. He was too far gone to notice he'd put the fake Spidey 1 and Superman 1 auctions up twice, and now one of each has been shilled ridiculously high, while the other has yet to get anywhere.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif -- i wish i had a shill account, just for these kinds of special occasions -- i would bid these things to the moon

Well, you've come to the right place. The Bay Commandos usually deal with these type of auctions by bidding with new i.d.s called (for example) this_is_a_scam! or bid_on_this_and_bend_over.

Well, you've come to the right place. The Bay Commandos usually deal with these type of auctions by bidding with new i.d.s called (for example) this_is_a_scam! or bid_on_this_and_bend_over.

Or "judeloo" smirk.gif

So I sent the seller the following message:>

> Dear sagli2004,

>

> It seems curious that the scan of the front has a purple cgc lable and the scan of the back has a blue cgc label. Ahem, cough, scam, cough,cough.... scam...

>

>

>

> Item # Item Title Listing end date 2256234095 Superman #1 Fn- 5.5 - Graded Fn 5.5 by CGC with profess Jul-12-04

>

> Thank you,

> dopaminewolverine

and got this in return:

Subject: Re: Question for item #2256234095 - Superman #1 Fn- 5.5 - Graded Fn5.5 by CGC with profess

> ha ha... i actually have 3 different copies... I have taken pic's of all the fronts and backs and just wasnt poayin attention to the color when i out um up... it was a mistake not a scan..... wink.gif ... so stop with the scam stuff please .. ty .....

>

I'm just getting invalid item messages so they were pulled or he chickened out because you guys called him on his scam. I am curious though, has anyone here ever used an escrow service? Seems to me if I were shelling out big bucks on an item I would want to know if the item exists. If the seller wasn't willing to use such a service that would be a red flag.