• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DYNAMIC 8 who's got one?

197 posts in this topic

Dynamic Comics # 8 was one of the covers that I fell in love with, thanks to the Gerber Photo-Journals. I've rarely ever seen one for sale.

Cat-Man # 29 is another that springs to mind for some reason.

What is the Chesler cover where the band of terrible Imps are murdering the artist, stabbing him and so on ? He's sitting at the drawing board, head slumped against it.

Your CGC Dynamic 7.0 is so AWESOME !!!

Value-Wise, I would bet it is a 5K+ book.

Here is my copy that I have had for many many years. I got this one from Ed Jaster back in 2000. Must have gotten those wonderful backing boards from then also. Only have a few of those left. Those were the cut out centers from the gaskets for his Fortress.

By the way, who would want that copy on EBay with all that icky tape on it, bleh! You guys should all hold out for a Much nicer copy to come along.

Dynamic%2520%25238%2520%2528150%2529.jpg

Its great to see a discussion thread about one of the best covers of the golden age.

Just want to set the record straight about the copy that we have on EBAY for auction. The CGC label states that the cover is re-attached with tape which is true but, the fact of the matter is that a small single piece of tape on the interior where the staple is located. That's it. No tape on the outside of the cover anywhere and no tape on the interior anywhere except for the single piece.

Its great to see a discussion thread about one of the best covers of the golden age.

Just want to set the record straight about the copy that we have on EBAY for auction. The CGC label states that the cover is re-attached with tape which is true but, the fact of the matter is that a small single piece of tape on the interior where the staple is located. That's it. No tape on the outside of the cover anywhere and no tape on the interior anywhere except for the single piece.

That may be true, but that little dangle of tape probably bought it a .5 grade bump, no? I guess it's a moot point as the value of this book is multiples of guide anyway, and anyone buying this will likely not care that it get's a grade drop when the tape is removed and the cover once again loose.

This is my copy, gotten off Alana in the marketplace a few months back. I saw this book and fell in love with it. I'm contemplating having our friends at Classics do some conservation, and maybe even have the holes in the cover filled (leaf-cast) and not touched-up, to preserve it in it's current state and not try to restore it.

dynamiccomics8.jpg

This is my copy, gotten off Alana in the marketplace a few months back. I saw this book and fell in love with it. I'm contemplating having our friends at Classics do some conservation, and maybe even have the holes in the cover filled (leaf-cast) and not touched-up, to preserve it in it's current state and not try to restore it.

dynamiccomics8.jpg

That's a four boardie book...Parker to me to Mike to you (thumbs u

Leave it just the way it is beautiful ,I have alower grade and wouldn't dream of doing any work to it,just be happy you own one.Nice cover image on your book!

+1 I wouldn't restore it.

I know, I was expecting that reaction - and I probably won't.

I'm just saying it'd be nice to be able to open and turn the pages (shrug)

It's sort of like a CGC Chat Board pedigreed book isn't it :grin:

It's sort of like a CGC Chat Board pedigreed book isn't it :grin:

It needs a certificate :idea: