• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DYNAMIC 8 who's got one?

197 posts in this topic

If that's the case, and it probably is then doh!

I'm sure he meant you to see through that one.

He hasn't fessed up to how many copies he has - but I'm guessing there is always room for another!

I have you Mike, to thank for the copy I have. I was pretty shocked when I was able to get that one. Lucky I guess. I love artist's books like this. I was floored when I realized there was a story with Tuska art inside :angel:

Well, lucky in the sense that I would have kept it if it had been just a tad nicer! Glad it found a good home!

Is this the first true horror cover?

I'm curious since you and a few others have owned the book how you feel about having it conserved, aka restored to CGC? I've seen some bug books submitted by GA boardies. What's the determining factor with a book like mine which is apparently very collect able but has serious condition issues. Or is it so scarce as to be verbodden to even think of it?

He hasn't fessed up to how many copies he has - but I'm guessing there is always room for another!

I have you Mike, to thank for the copy I have. I was pretty shocked when I was able to get that one. Lucky I guess. I love artist's books like this. I was floored when I realized there was a story with Tuska art inside :angel:

Well, lucky in the sense that I would have kept it if it had been just a tad nicer! Glad it found a good home!

I'm curious since you and a few others have owned the book how you feel about having it conserved, aka restored to CGC? I've seen some bug books submitted by GA boardies. What's the determining factor with a book like mine which is apparently very collect able but has serious condition issues. Or is it so scarce as to be verbodden to even think of it?

If it were the only copy - or, say - one of less than five in existence I'd say "Dont touch it!" under any circumstances.

Looks like there are more than that however, guessing maybe 10 to 20, so it's really a matter of how much it might cost. That copy definitely has potential!

If this book is your keeper and you want to be able to read it without further damage, then I'd get it full monte restored. It's not a rare book, and it sure would look nicer as a VF/NM with the awsome black cover than a FA/gd with chips and pieces gone.

Why go to the effort of just leaf casting at that point you might as well do the whole thing. Unless the cost to restore is ridiculous...

My 2 cents

It's not a rare book

No ?

I've had my eye out for YEARS, since I first saw it in the GERBER PHOTO-Journals. I've almost never seen a copy for sale.

It's RARE to me.

Even more reason to get it restored. Mona Lisa theory.

I wonder if it's rare or just a book no one wants to part with.

How many do you think exist? Is this a GGA Suspense 3 to Horror Collectors?

I guess it’s not rarer than the other early Chesler titles, it’s just more sought after, and of course having a black cover it’s difficult to find nice copies.

Like the one with the "skull cover" it tends to have an adrenaline effects on collectors. Alert! lol

BTW how does Gerber consider their scarcity?

If you thought those figures I isolated close-up from the cover were cool, feel free to comment.

Hope they aren't annoying.

I like seeing any image of a classic cover like that, especially close up... interesting looking at the reflections in the eyes like that...

It's not a rare book

No ?

I've had my eye out for YEARS, since I first saw it in the GERBER PHOTO-Journals. I've almost never seen a copy for sale.

It's RARE to me.

+1

I agree with those who suspect hoarders on this one. It's not the rarest book under the sun, but not exactly common either. How's that for taking a stand. :sumo:

It's not a rare book

No ?

It's RARE to me.

+1

I agree with those who suspect hoarders on this one. It's not the rarest book under the sun, but not exactly common either. How's that for taking a stand. :sumo:

Solid stand! I only know that both myself and a fellow PCH collector have sought that book for 15 years, and the copy I own is the only one either of us have managed to get. :taptaptap:

How many Weird Mysteries 12, pictured as your avatar, have you seen for sale ?

I've passed on a few, one I regret was a nice FINE MINUS. Haven't seen one for a while now.

It's in my top 5 favorite PCH covers. I love the grisly subject matter, the BIG RED LOGO, and the absence of any annoying cover text. Very moody and overall- AWESOME.

I agree some of the hoarders have copies of this book hidden away,but my theory is with all of the cash some have, a low grade was the best you got.Ernie Gerber put the book at a seven in rarity but doesn't always hold true to the fact in the case of Suspense 3.Still one that you don't see to often and hard to find in good shape due to the black cover in the case of Punch 12.

How many Weird Mysteries 12, pictured as your avatar, have you seen for sale ?

I've passed on a few, one I regret was a nice FINE MINUS. Haven't seen one for a while now.

It's in my top 5 favorite PCH covers. I love the grisly subject matter, the BIG RED LOGO, and the absence of any annoying cover text. Very moody and overall- AWESOME.

I agree. The suggestions of - ahem - necrophilia perhaps are quite apparent. I have owned 3 copies, the one you see in my avatar I still have. It's about a 7.0 and it's the nicest I've seen for sale hence I bought it. The other 2 I had were G-Vg copies.