• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

Is this book cooling down? (Serious question).

I was following a 9.8 on eBay for $3999.00 and it didn't sell and was just re-listed.

I'm asking because the last Voldemort sold for 4K.

I would say no.  A raw copy just sold for over  $2200+ last week.  $4k+ is a lot to spend on a modern comic, it's all about timing sometimes.  Though anything in the $4k range for that book would be a good deal, as there have been a few private sales  for $5k this year.  

-J.

23 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

I would say no.  A raw copy just sold for over  $2200+ last week.  $4k+ is a lot to spend on a modern comic, it's all about timing sometimes.  Though anything in the $4k range for that book would be a good deal, as there have been a few private sales  for $5k this year.  

-J.

Tx. Been thinking of picking one up so this may be a good time.

Amazing Spider-Man #678 Mary Jane Venom Suit Variant - Original

See original listing
Amazing-Spider-Man-678-Mary-Jane-Venom-Suit-Variant-Original
Item Sold

Item condition:
--

Ended:
Nov 01, 2017 , 7:43PM

Price:
US $2,500.00

Shipping:
$6.65 Expedited Shipping

Item location:
Woburn, Massachusetts, United States

Seller:

and how generous on the shipping! lol

I've had two of these in my hands before they hit these outrageous prices. The first one is a sad story...

I purchased a raw copy off eBay. The seller had it as NM and had decent pics posted from which I thought the book could hit 9.4 as is and probably higher if pressed, so I purchased it for, iirc, $150. The seller mailed it quickly, but sadly just put it in a bubble envelope, no cardboard, nothing! At time of delivery, the mailman of course folded it in half to fit it in the mailbox, so y'all can imagine my disappointment when I opened the envelope and saw what was inside... :( 

Mailed it back for a full refund. I'm sure the seller must've sold for more soon thereafter.

The other I had was also a raw copy and I sold it a few years ago for a decent profit, but nothing near the current exorbitant prices.

2 hours ago, ebtorres said:

I've had two of these in my hands before they hit these outrageous prices. The first one is a sad story...

I purchased a raw copy off eBay. The seller had it as NM and had decent pics posted from which I thought the book could hit 9.4 as is and probably higher if pressed, so I purchased it for, iirc, $150. The seller mailed it quickly, but sadly just put it in a bubble envelope, no cardboard, nothing! At time of delivery, the mailman of course folded it in half to fit it in the mailbox, so y'all can imagine my disappointment when I opened the envelope and saw what was inside... :( 

Mailed it back for a full refund. I'm sure the seller must've sold for more soon thereafter.

The other I had was also a raw copy and I sold it a few years ago for a decent profit, but nothing near the current exorbitant prices.

I can relate to that @ebtorres

I sold these two a few years back for what I thought at the time was a ridiculous amount:

667ve.thumb.jpg.e5dee1304cc1de637fdfd9cc9c8ea0d3.jpg  678ve.thumb.jpg.b81338167480f58b73a480c0dad1d43e.jpg

Not as ridiculous as the prices we're seeing today of course, but you can't win them all can you...

1 hour ago, Marwood & I said:

I can relate to that @ebtorres

I sold these two a few years back for what I thought at the time was a ridiculous amount:

667ve.thumb.jpg.e5dee1304cc1de637fdfd9cc9c8ea0d3.jpg  678ve.thumb.jpg.b81338167480f58b73a480c0dad1d43e.jpg

Not as ridiculous as the prices we're seeing today of course, but you can't win them all can you...

Oh wow i did not know you had the Del'Otto variants Marwood, or rather i forgot because you did mention that you had every single variant at one time ,