• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

It's raw......http://www.ebay.com/itm/320991349561?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

P.T. Barnum was right!

you could say that about the entire modern comics market....any line you draw is arbitrary. One book versus another? meh, it is what it is right now, might it be something different some day? likely, only time will tell.

"The truest characters of ignorance are vanity and pride and arrogance."

Samuel Butler

Edited by CBT

It's raw......http://www.ebay.com/itm/320991349561?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

P.T. Barnum was right!

you could say that about the entire modern comics market....any line you draw is arbitrary. One book versus another? meh, it is what it is right now, might it be something different some day? likely, only time will tell.

"The truest characters of ignorance are vanity and pride and arrogance."

Samuel Butler

I think you missed the part where he said "it's raw". But you're right, that's not the only part of being a sucker in this example.

Strongly considering listing my 9.8 copy on ebay finally...for some reason i want the 1:700 ASM 700 variant, so this might help me get the $ for it :)

there's literally nothing stopping you doing that.... it's not going to cost you anything to put it up on BIN at whatever you want to get for it. If it sells then great. If not then what have you lost?

*ahem* http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASM-Amazing-Spider-man-678-1-50-Venom-Variant-CGC-SS-9-8-Stan-Lee-1-of-1-/160888133279?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2575ae169f

Yea i've spoken to the guy selling that one many times. He's been getting offers around 2k right now and not accepting them. I'm just trying to tell myself that this book isnt going to hold value much longer and i should jump on this and grab the 700 1:700 when it comes out, but id be taking a big gamble on if it would grade 9.8.

Yup. There are 7 variants. The regular retail cost for the book is $7.99. That's almost $5,600 spent to get one 1:700. The other variants will also be going for about $1,500 raw. It's insane.

Expecting to, as in planning to?

:o

Apart from the 1:700, the next "rarest" (I use the term advisedly) seems to be a 1:200. In what world is one of those going to go for $1,500? Look at what happened to the Walking Dead #100 1:200 - that's about $150 now...

You can go to dcbservice.com and order the #700 1 in 200 Ditko cover for $200 and the 1 in 700 Quesada variant for $350.

I'm done with variants as they don't hold their value and are getting annoying trying to collect them all.

You can go to dcbservice.com and order the #700 1 in 200 Ditko cover for $200 and the 1 in 700 Quesada variant for $350.

I'm done with variants as they don't hold their value and are getting annoying trying to collect them all.

(thumbs u

That's the right approach. No need to ragequit a title because of variant overkill - keep buying the standard covers and enjoy the read.

+1

Marvel can go freak themselves. (tsk)

(thumbs u

That's the right approach. No need to ragequit a title because of variant overkill - keep buying the standard covers and enjoy the read.

That's the plan. I was killing my wallet trying to find all the variants, 2nd printings, convention exclusives etc etc of Amazing Spider-Man. So I'm just going to get the standard covers and focus on filling in the missing 8 issues of my collection.