• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

maybe if JSC drew it it would be sexy looking instead of scary looking lol

...and if it was Black Cat. It's definitely creepy. But still oddly hot the way the symbiote exaggerates her...ahem...assets. lol

But in all seriousness the book hits all the hot buttons...it is a variant that was grossly under ordered when Spidey sales were low anyway, and it appeals to Venom fans, MJ fans, variant hunters, completionists, and fans of homage covers. And it's cool and eye catching to even non Spidey fans. It just fires on all cylinders. I'm very glad I got the one I got. :cloud9: She's definitely a keeper.

-J.

it sure is expensive! lol

I will grant you that. A lot of people would rather get an older back issue for what they would have to spend for this one that isn't even two years old. But they're just too sporadic to the market though, that's why they sky rocketed.

-J.

I bought 2 of these from my LCS (Newbury Comics) for $7.99 each. Both came back Blue 9.8. I sold one to a boardie and have the other on display in my comic room. Great cover!

^^

And out of curiosity, did you also score a 667 Del'Otto from your same LCS? That one is over five times rarer than the 678 VenoMJ.

-J.

I bought 2 of these from my LCS (Newbury Comics) for $7.99 each. Both came back Blue 9.8. I sold one to a boardie and have the other on display in my comic room. Great cover!

^^

And out of curiosity, did you also score a 667 Del'Otto from your same LCS? That one is over five times rarer than the 678 VenoMJ.

-J.

Sadly I didn't, and that was because of my own stupidity, I didn't place the order for it :(. What's great about the Newbury Comics stores is that they (in my case at least) always get my variants and never miss them. They charge a standard price for all variants. The highest price for any variant is a 1:200 for $99.00 and they always grade 9.8. I haven't missed a single SSM variant yet. Those that are con exclusives I need to get elsewhere though.

^^

-J.

Sadly I didn't, and that was because of my own stupidity, I didn't place the order for it :(. What's great about the Newbury Comics stores is that they (in my case at least) always get my variants and never miss them. They charge a standard price for all variants. The highest price for any variant is a 1:200 for $99.00 and they always grade 9.8. I haven't missed a single SSM variant yet. Those that are con exclusives I need to get elsewhere though.

What did they charge you for the Ditko 700?