• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

So if it were $10k tomorrow you'd shrug and move on without questioning it? I always try to find some sliver of rationality in it.

I personally just dislike the "You can't predict it / It's a cool cover and it's rare" game as, being the two most common answers, they seem antithetical.

I guess we'll all see where it goes given enough time.

I said earlier, until it passes Action comics #1, questioning valuations is not allowed.

So if it were $10k tomorrow you'd shrug and move on without questioning it? I always try to find some sliver of rationality in it.

I personally just dislike the "You can't predict it / It's a cool cover and it's rare" game as, being the two most common answers, they seem antithetical.

I guess we'll all see where it goes given enough time.

I said earlier, until it passes Action comics #1, questioning valuations is not allowed.

lol

Yes that's a great result for the book. It was discussed in another thread. Solid looking copy too. Looks like the other raw copy that was in lesser condition poofed shortly thereafter.

From the new set of Venom variants coming out next year, nothing really jumps out at me the way this one originally did.

-J.

Winning bidder. 11 feedback. 25% bid activity with the seller. 3 bid retractions in 6 months.

Then again the next highest bidder 134 feedback. 55% bid activity with the seller. 0 bid retractions in 6 months.

Then again third highest bidder 255 feedback. 27% bid activity with the seller. Bid retractions 2. 6 bid retractions in 6 months.

Winning bidder. 11 feedback. 25% bid activity with the seller. 3 bid retractions in 6 months.

Then again the next highest bidder 134 feedback. 55% bid activity with the seller. 0 bid retractions in 6 months.

Then again third highest bidder 255 feedback. 27% bid activity with the seller. Bid retractions 2. 6 bid retractions in 6 months.

When you only bid on 4 items in 30 days it's not hard to have 25% with one seller. I probably bid on less items than that in 30 days. Am I a shill as well?

There were no retractions in this auction, so I don't see the point but okay. (thumbs u

:gossip: By the way, the second highest bidder only has 5% with this seller, not "55".

Either way, the book continues to "amaze". :):banana:

-J.

Holy they covered that thing in sigs - it's even uglier than the cover normally is lol

As always in these larger dollar moderns, congrats to the seller and buyer.

+1

this is easily the ugliest of the modern super variants.

1imvej.jpg

Just sayin'.....

Jerome

lol

Indeed.

Its just so dang easy (and entertaining) to rile up the pocket of haters with the continuing blockbuster sales of this book. 5+ years strong now, reprinted and homaged multiple times, the primary driver behind the upcoming block of Venom sequel variants, and still not looking back. :headbang:

-J.

There were no retractions in this auction, so I don't see the point but okay. (thumbs u

:gossip: By the way, the second highest bidder only has 5% with this seller, not "55".

Either way, the book continues to "amaze". :):banana:

-J.

Sorry you are correct. The second bidders only has 5% bid activity with this seller. It was a typo on my part. It is interesting information is all. I am always wary of bidders who have any retractions.

I've personally only ever retracted a best offer... typically to people that don't answer overnight. You know, the type that let it expire. If I don't want to leave the "money" tied up that long, I've retracted a few best offers.

But even that is rare and few and far in between.

I would never spend all that money in a modern variant since i am focused in golden age and silver age , but i love this variant , so i have the Mexican reprint ,cost me $10 at la mole con one year ago

This is definitely one of those covers that has a line down the middle - you either love it or hate it.

Nice pickup on that variant of the variant (thumbs u

I would never spend all that money in a modern variant since i am focused in golden age and silver age , but i love this variant , so i have the Mexican reprint ,cost me $10 at la mole con one year ago

This is definitely one of those covers that has a line down the middle - you either love it or hate it.

Most clearly love it. For good reason. (thumbs u

-J.

Most clearly love it. For good reason. (thumbs u

-J.

"Most"? Most of what? Nothing to back this up.