• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

I would never spend all that money in a modern variant since i am focused in golden age and silver age , but i love this variant , so i have the Mexican reprint ,cost me $10 at la mole con one year ago

This is definitely one of those covers that has a line down the middle - you either love it or hate it.

Nice pickup on that variant of the variant (thumbs u

Most clearly love it. For good reason. (thumbs u

-J.

Sorry, once again, for having an opinion. I'll try to rein it in going forward (thumbs u

I would never spend all that money in a modern variant since i am focused in golden age and silver age , but i love this variant , so i have the Mexican reprint ,cost me $10 at la mole con one year ago

This is definitely one of those covers that has a line down the middle - you either love it or hate it.

-J.

"Most"? Most of what? Nothing to back this up.

You mean "other" than the price?

lol Come on bro.

-J.

-J.

"Most"? Most of what? Nothing to back this up.

Most of the comic collectors with way more money than brains. :gossip:

Winning bidder. 11 feedback. 25% bid activity with the seller. 3 bid retractions in 6 months.

Then again the next highest bidder 134 feedback. 55% bid activity with the seller. 0 bid retractions in 6 months.

Then again third highest bidder 255 feedback. 27% bid activity with the seller. Bid retractions 2. 6 bid retractions in 6 months.

When you only bid on 4 items in 30 days it's not hard to have 25% with one seller. I probably bid on less items than that in 30 days. Am I a shill as well?

Do you also have 3 bid retractions in the last 6 months? Probably not.

Winning bidder. 11 feedback. 25% bid activity with the seller. 3 bid retractions in 6 months.

Then again the next highest bidder 134 feedback. 55% bid activity with the seller. 0 bid retractions in 6 months.

Then again third highest bidder 255 feedback. 27% bid activity with the seller. Bid retractions 2. 6 bid retractions in 6 months.

When you only bid on 4 items in 30 days it's not hard to have 25% with one seller. I probably bid on less items than that in 30 days. Am I a shill as well?

Leaps and bounds on guessing for a bid retraction. What if the person was bidding on GoodNewsComics auctions? A shilled auction

Leaps and bounds on guessing for a bid retraction. What if the person was bidding on GoodNewsComics auctions? A shilled auction

Haha leaps and bounds. Huh. Looks like some leaps and bounds are being made making assumptions it was a GoodNewComic auction where the bid retractions came from.

Not hard to see that was simply an example.

Whatever way you want to look at it, eBay has taken the tools away that let you see the truths. They show you manipulated results to make themselves look better.

They took away longer time periods on the history of bidders.

Their sold results do not reflect paid results.

Whatever way you want to look at it, eBay has taken the tools away that let you see the truths. They show you manipulated results to make themselves look better.

I agree. We have very limited information. I'm not saying the sale was a shill. It was a very expensive item though so when I see some things that I question I think it worth sharing with the community. It is not an attack on this item or the market for them.

This. And it sucks, now if you are paying attention it looks like they are just trying to save face and limit bad publicity.

Jerome

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

This books gets way too much negative. I am not in love with many high price variants, but I love this book for all types of reasons.

Its one of the few modern variants that I wouldn't flinch to invest in at the right price.

19 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

This books gets way too much negative. I am not in love with many high price variants, but I love this book for all types of reasons.

Its one of the few modern variants that I wouldn't flinch to invest in at the right price.

I've said it before - this is definitely a love / hate cover. It's ugly as sin to me, but art is very personal and obviously a lot of people enjoy this one.

It's definitely iconic at this point.  

Here's yet another homage, this one an OA on a blank by Finch that I'm kind of sorry I missed out on. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282367757520?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

A cool little piece that went for a decent amount of change. 

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

Just an FYI I was the seller of the 9.8 that was just on eBay. The buyer and I agreed to a price outside of eBay that saves him money and didn't hit me with all the fees. The first 9.8 I sold here on the forums for $300 back in the day and now I finally sold my other one (for much more this time). 

40 minutes ago, spidey78 said:

Just an FYI I was the seller of the 9.8 that was just on eBay. The buyer and I agreed to a price outside of eBay that saves him money and didn't hit me with all the fees. The first 9.8 I sold here on the forums for $300 back in the day and now I finally sold my other one (for much more this time). 

Congrats :) :headbang:

3 hours ago, spidey78 said:

Nice.  It barely lasted 48 hours.  I can't say I blame you for going off ebay.  I suspect that is how the majority of these high dollar variants will be sold.  Congratulations man.  I know you've had your OO copy for a long time and watched the book explode from the beginning.  (worship) :headbang:

Hopefully a fellow boardie snagged it and will post the copy in the thread so I can officially update the Club list.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

Nice.  It barely lasted 48 hours.  I can't say I blame you for going off ebay.  I suspect that is how the majority of these high dollar variants will be sold.  Congratulations man.  I know you've had your OO copy for a long time and watched the book explode from the beginning.  (worship) :headbang:

Hopefully a fellow boardie snagged it and will post the copy in the thread so I can officially update the Club list.  

-J.

We had the deal negotiated in under 12 hours. I waited to pull it down until all money was sent. Fees are outrageous selling a book on eBay like this. It made sense to make the deal outside of eBay for both parties. Just sucks that it won't hit GPA :) I'll miss the book but I decided to get it of the collecting hobby. I've been holding an entire asm run including all variants and now it's time to move on to other hobbies. Next up is my asm 688 JSC cgc 9.8 yellow....

As far as the buyer, we spoke on the phone and I don't believe he is a boardie here.