• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

You can go to dcbservice.com and order the #700 1 in 200 Ditko cover for $200 and the 1 in 700 Quesada variant for $350.

I'm done with variants as they don't hold their value and are getting annoying trying to collect them all.

Can you link me to them? I cant seem to find it on the site.

No longer available but you can get the other variants for a reasonable price though.

http://www.dcbservice.com/category.aspx?id=4

Yup, I bought them already...now to hunt that variant for the price you mentioned because that's outrageously cheap :) I'm one of those suckers for variants. I'm trying as best as i can to get all ASM's including variants (some will be near impossible though)

Yep can't find the pre sales either. Gonna just be a ripe flip session on the "BAY".........That's how people make there living/extra money. Good luck to everyone trying to get the 1:700 variant.

To be off the subject and go back to the original thread, I have been screwed out of NM $455 ASM 678 Variant. As I bought from a guy on the "Bay" that had a score of 5!!

Then he gives me a story that his wife was in the hospital and she was released and he will ship my comic out. Suppose to be here today and no response from my messages. So I opened a case. I NEVER leave Negative feedback because I feel that everything can be worked out, but NOT this time!!!! I was screwed and lied to a couple times and this is not KOOL!!!! End rant :sumo:

I'd imagine those are the prices you'll see in the near term. Just for comparison's sake, WD 100 had a 1:200 that was around $149-$249 on release day. Then, the subsequent Lucille variant had an alleged 500 print run. Assuming 300,000 copies of ASM 700 (on the highside, I admit) and you have 450ish of the 1:700 cover. The Lucille sold for $349-$500 on release day,

So, just using the WD 100 1:200 and 500 total (which, for all intents and purposes is 1:700) the pricing structure seems to suggest that $200 and $400 should be the going prices for the ASM variants (though the 1:700 is an "all bets are off" thing as I can't imagine even the most aggressive LCS's believing they can justify the order to hit that plateau).

No longer available but you can get the other variants for a reasonable price though.

Yup, I bought them already...now to hunt that variant for the price you mentioned because that's outrageously cheap :) I'm one of those suckers for variants. I'm trying as best as i can to get all ASM's including variants (some will be near impossible though)

That use to be me, but I sold the majority of my variants to start saving to get a copy of AF #15. variants just don't hold their value so I will just get the cheap affordable variants that I like.

Happy hunting though.

DCBS did have the 1:200 and 1:700 for sale on the 1st day they were available to pre order but were taken down quickly though. Got an email from DCBS saying they were only receiving 3 of the 1:700 and they were on a first order gets them basis. I'm #2 on that list

Edited by RalphN

That use to be me, but I sold the majority of my variants to start saving to get a copy of AF #15. variants just don't hold their value so I will just get the cheap affordable variants that I like.

Happy hunting though.

I'm not really in this for the $ aspect as much as I am for collecting "all" asm issues. Life long goal for sure, but i'd love the day i could say i own every ASM book normal and variants. In general though, i try not to overpay for my books as I have a real good relationship with some LCS and dealers to get variants as a decent price. This will be my first 1:700...in fact, has there ever been another 1:700 or higher?

#700 ratio's will be

Steve Ditko 1 in 200

Anniversary 1 in 50

Marcos Martin 1 in 50

Humberto Ramos Wraparound 1 in 50

Olivier Coipel 1 in 50

Joe Quesada 1 in 700

Weird then...As DCBS has all the ones you listed as 1:50 for cover price.

Well they have the normal cover for 50% off. They can probably offer the 1 in 50 covers at such a discounted rate because, Diamond is giving them such a deep discount for the normal cover. If DCBS is selling the regular cover for 3.99 they have to be getting the comic even cheaper from Diamond to be turning a profit on the sale. So they can afford to sell the 1 in 50 variants at a lower rate.

Publishers will heavily discount books like DC did with the New 52 and the Before Watchmen series and like what Marvel is doing with their Marvel Now books, so retailers will heavily order.

Happy hunting though.

I'm not really in this for the $ aspect as much as I am for collecting "all" asm issues. Life long goal for sure, but i'd love the day i could say i own every ASM book normal and variants. In general though, i try not to overpay for my books as I have a real good relationship with some LCS and dealers to get variants as a decent price. This will be my first 1:700...in fact, has there ever been another 1:700 or higher?

I'm a huge Spidey fan and I was hoping to collect all the variants, 2nd printings, and convention exclusive issues. But it just became too much and I gave up. My focus is not the 8 issues I'm missing form the Ditko issues and I will be content with missing most of the variant covers.

I can't remember a 1 in 700 ratio cover for any comic in recent memory.

Good luck though.

Happy hunting though.

I'm a huge Spidey fan and I was hoping to collect all the variants, 2nd printings, and convention exclusive issues. But it just became too much and I gave up. My focus is not the 8 issues I'm missing form the Ditko issues and I will be content with missing most of the variant covers.

Good luck though.

I'm in the same boat, trying to collect "everything" ASM. My problem is they're mostly graded 9.8, majorly impacting my wallet doh!

K.

Happy hunting though.

Good luck though.

I'm in the same boat, trying to collect "everything" ASM. My problem is they're mostly graded 9.8, majorly impacting my wallet doh!

K.

I have about 10 CGC spidey books. Majority of my collection is raw. I have #17-695 and all the Annuals.

I'm only missing 1,2,3,4,7,11,14 & 16.

I'd like to get my favorite covers CGC'd and all key 1st villains appearances. Getting all the entire run in a high grade may cost me my Marriage. :makepoint:

Happy hunting though.

Good luck though.

K.

I have about 10 CGC spidey books. Majority of my collection is raw. I have #17-695 and all the Annuals.

I'm only missing 1,2,3,4,7,11,14 & 16.

I'd like to get my favorite covers CGC'd and all key 1st villains appearances. Getting all the entire run in a high grade may cost me my Marriage. :makepoint:

Lucky me, I'm divorced lol

K.

What condition do their comics come in? I can't fin any reference to new comicgrades,and I shot for NM raw for new and most variants.

V/R,

Mike

I get my monthly comics from them and they always arrive it great shape.

What condition do their comics come in? I can't fin any reference to new comicgrades,and I shot for NM raw for new and most variants.

V/R,

Mike

VF, NM, NM+??? WHat does "grat shape" mean?

V/R,

Mike

VF, NM, NM+??? WHat does "grat shape" mean?

I get comics from them too and worst I have seen in any order has been NM-.