• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Portraits of Evil

50 posts in this topic

MAJOR PROJECT NEWS!!!

Big news for the upcoming sketchbook "Portraits of Evil"!

For the first time, I'll be "crowd-sourcing" a project, but NOT in the way you might think. The Cobra Commander painting recently added to my gallery was the tip of the iceberg. The new sketchbook will feature 20 paintings of your favorite villains of all time and those VILLAINS will be CHOSEN BY YOU!!!!

Yup. Each page is essentially for sale and $150.00 will see your favorite villain painted and included in the book, a credit in the book for your choice, as well as the original painting arriving at you house. That's right… it's yours. The villain you requested and paid for is yours. What… did you think you were paying for nothing? HA! YOU GET ORIGIONAL ART!

A few rules: In the name of conformity, each piece will be done in the style that Cobra Commander reflects. Also… and most importantly: NO CHARACTERS AS THEY ARE PORTRAYED IN MOVIES BY ACTORS WHOS FACES ARE NOT OBSCURED! I/You… do not have the money/lawyers to secure likeness rights from the actors and/or movie studios.

So that's it! $150.00 and your choice of villain get you a page in the book with a credit for the choice as well as the original piece itself.

Updates and examples of pages can be found/followed here:

http://spaciousinterior.deviantart.com/

Originally posted in Sketch forum

"Already Secured my spot

How can you not, amazing work , great guy and this idea of ANY villian....hahaha going to be sweet!!

Cant wait to see everyones ideas, jump on quick before it sells out.

I choose Galactus of course

Hummm now I need a frame... "

If you havent seen Matts work check out his DA pages awesome stuff...

I will post the updated list in the morning once I have it all sorted out. Great Ideas coming in through various messages. Comics, video games, cartoons ('80s for the win)... it's all good to me.... as long as they're EVIL!

13 slots remaining.

The following link will take you to the project's update. Pages are filling much faster than I anticipated and I'll be posting the paintings as they finish.

As of now. Only 11 slots remain.

Blows my mind nobody's chosen Mum-Ra..... lol (i'm a total '80s nerd)

The following link will take you to the project's update. Pages are filling much faster than I anticipated and I'll be posting the paintings as they finish.

As of now. Only 11 slots remain.

Blows my mind nobody's chosen Mum-Ra..... lol (i'm a total '80s nerd)

I figured out my choice, so I am happy, but I am surprised no one has taken Evil Ernie, I think that would be a pretty cool portrait as well

Shadow the Hedgehog and Sweet Tooth join the "Portraits of Evil" gallery. Project updates and slot availability can be found here:

Finished pieces can also be viewed as they are posted here:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/matt.slay.1

Next up: MODOK and The Hound (from Game of Thrones) Spaces are running out.

MAJOR PROJECT NEWS!!!

Big news for the upcoming sketchbook "Portraits of Evil"!

For the first time, I'll be "crowd-sourcing" a project, but NOT in the way you might think. The Cobra Commander painting recently added to my gallery was the tip of the iceberg. The new sketchbook will feature 20 paintings of your favorite villains of all time and those VILLAINS will be CHOSEN BY YOU!!!!

Yup. Each page is essentially for sale and $150.00 will see your favorite villain painted and included in the book, a credit in the book for your choice, as well as the original painting arriving at you house. That's right… it's yours. The villain you requested and paid for is yours. What… did you think you were paying for nothing? HA! YOU GET ORIGIONAL ART!

A few rules: In the name of conformity, each piece will be done in the style that Cobra Commander reflects. Also… and most importantly: NO CHARACTERS AS THEY ARE PORTRAYED IN MOVIES BY ACTORS WHOS FACES ARE NOT OBSCURED! I/You… do not have the money/lawyers to secure likeness rights from the actors and/or movie studios. The book itself is FREE unless you request an origional sketch on the blank page (the inside back cover). Throughout this project and until the end of time... NO MONEY will be made from the book; ONLY THE ORIGIONAL ARTWORK. More than likely, ALL of the characters being used will be owned by someone by either copywrite or liscense. As such, full copywrite credit and info will be included for each character. This little adventure will be handled in a manner conforming to copywrite laws and matters of general buisiness etiquette.

So that's it! $150.00 and your choice of villain get you a page in the book with a credit for the choice as well as the original piece itself.

.........................UPDATE..........................

Pages include: Cobra Comander (available for sale), Thanos (available for sale), The Hound (sponsored), Dark Phoenix (sponsored), Voldemort (sponsored), Shadow the Hedgehog (sponsored), Sweet Tooth (sponsored), Mr. Rictus (sponsored), MODOK (sponsored), Negan & Lucielle, Sniper Wolf (sponsored), Galactus (sponsored)

8 slots remain.... SEND YOUR REQUESTS NOW!!!