• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Artist's Editions you would buy (if IDW actually made them)?

IDW Artist's Editions You Would Buy  

387 members have voted

1. 1. IDW Artist's Editions You Would Buy

542 posts in this topic

Previously I asked "If IDW were to put out an Artist's Edition for your dream artist, who would that be?" I also made vague promises that I might collect those answers and make an official poll out of them. Well, it's slow at work today, so here ya go.

This is a poll of which Artist's Editions you would buy if they were made (keeping in mind that they run an average of $100-$125).

Suggested titles are in parenthesis.

What happened to Gene Colan's Dracula? :(

Gene Colan had like 4 titles suggested (Daredevil, Dracula, Black Widow, and Submariner, I think). :tonofbricks: I trimmed the list to just Daredevil, but if you want a Gene Colan book, then by all means put a check by his name.

Wrightson & Frazetta for sure. Any reason you didn't list any of the EC horror artists (other than Williamson) - i.e., Davis, Craig, Ingels? All were masters of their craft. And all have collectiors who own complete stories!!

I selected the Walt Simonson (Manhunter) and BWS (Red Nails) options but I doubt that the originals are in one place? :(

I know Walt retains his own work but the Manhunter stories may have been published prior to art returns routinely going back to the artists?

I'd also love to see some obscure series like:

Mike Kaluta - Carson of Venus stories (originally published as a back-up in Korak)

Russ Manning - Korak stories, Magnus Robot Fighter

Best,

Royd

Wrightson & Frazetta for sure. Any reason you didn't list any of the EC horror artists (other than Williamson) - i.e., Davis, Craig, Ingels? All were masters of their craft. And all have collectiors who own complete stories!!

I took (pretty much every) name that was suggested in this thread, but yeah, I should have listed more EC names on there (as we are more likely to see those).

I'm also surprised there isn't more love for Al Williamson so far. Maybe spending most of your career inking over other people's turds instead of penciling your own masterpieces can hurt your reputation?

I took (pretty much every) name that was suggested in this thread, but yeah, I should have listed more EC names on there (as we are more likely to see those).

I'm also surprised there isn't more love for Al Williamson so far. Maybe spending most of your career inking over other people's turds instead of penciling your own masterpieces can hurt your reputation?

His Secret Agent Corrigan volumes are beautiful, although they are printed from Cori's proofs, and not the originals.

However, if IDW were willing to publish some strip art in Artists' Edition format, I'd gladly provide my X-9 originals to the cause.

While on the topic, I'd love to see some strip art given in this format:

1. Williamson X-9

2. Fraz Johnny Comet

3. Salinas Cisco Kid

4. Godwin Rusty Riley

5. Romita Sr Spidey

Ingels was mentioned several times in another thread that ties-in to this one.

At this moment in time, Ingels would be top of the list . . . had he been included.

As there are other artists sorely absent from said list (including the great Johnny Craig), I'll refrain from casting my vote.

Ingels was mentioned several times in another thread that ties-in to this one....

As there are other artists sorely absent from said list (including the great Johnny Craig), I'll refrain from casting my vote.

I thought I read somewhere that either an Ingels or Craig AE had already been announced. Or am I confusing that with the upcoming Mad book?

I tried to go back and edit the poll to include some more names, but I don't think I can. I'll do better next time. Promise. :grin: