• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Artist's Editions you would buy (if IDW actually made them)?

IDW Artist's Editions You Would Buy  

387 members have voted

1. 1. IDW Artist's Editions You Would Buy

542 posts in this topic

:cry:

Can't believe I missed the Spirit limited edition. I've been waiting for 2 years for it. I expected the usual post from Scott to announce it, either here or on comicart-l.

Oh we'll, at least I was able to order the regular edition. And the Jack Davis EC Stories.

I expected the usual post from Scott to announce it, either here or on comicart-l.

There was a note on comicart-l. That's how I saw it. It was posted on Wed Mar 27, 2013 at 11:56 am (Central). By 12:06, I'd ordered mine and said thanks for the heads up. I just happened to check my e-mail at the right moment. I'm just glad that they didn't limit sales to WonderCon.

Here's the link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/comicart-l/message/345168

Hello All,

There is a limited edition of the Eisner Spirit AE. It is limited to 100 copies

and has a signature plate with a tipped in Will Eisner signature. IDW did a

limited edition John Law book years ago and Eisner had signed extra sheets (just

his signature on white paper).

45 copies will be for sale at the Wonder-Con this weekend and another 45 went

live this morning on the IDW web store:

http://shop.idwpublishing.com/will-eisner-s-the-spirit-artist-s-edition-hc-limit\

ed-edition-signed-numbered-variant-pre-order.html

Hope to see some of you at the Wonder-Con.

Best,

Scott

I'm looking forward to John Byrne's Fantastic Four edition that was announced at the WonderCon panel. I thought I heard Byrne doesn't like to do signings, is this true? If so, what are the chances that he's sign for something like this?

Neal adams cover art including unused ones

Joe Kubert Sgt Rock and war comics covers

Daredevil the man without fear by JR/JR and al williamson as well as the latter half of their DD run.

An all covers Artist's Edition would be fine by me if there are enough for a particular artist.

I would really dig those as well. I could think of many artists or even titles. Joe Kubert's war stuff including Sgt Rock is sort of my dream book. The covers Will eisner did for the spirit reprints over the years and a splash page book would be incredible imo. Brian bolland. Arthur Adams. Gil Kane. Travis Charest. The first 150 covers of Spawn or the cover art of todd mcfarlane would be one I'd love to see.

Alex Raymond Flash Gordon sunday strips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey, I can't vote in the poll...

Just saw that there is a VERY limited number of Will Eisner "The Spirit" Artist Edition variant editions with Eisner's tipped-in signature for sale at IDW's website for $300. I just ordered mine - only 45 were being made available through the site so I'd rush if you want one...looks amazing...

Thank-you!!! Pretty sure I got the last one.

It is sold out at our webstore but there will be 45 more at the Wonder-Con. After that... finito.

Best,

Scott

Scott,

I have just attempted to order the regular edition of the Eisner Spirit AE though the IDW website and was shocked to see that International shipping has jumped since my last order from $74 (already high) to $104 ??

Any idea why this may be?

Wow, that's crazy! I have no idea but I can ask Mike, our intrepid shipping manager. What options are available—USPS is, right?

Scott,

Thankfully I managed to get around the problem by ordering the Spirit AE and the John Byrne FF AE at the same time. Ordering two books at once seemed to equalise the postage down across the package.

From now on it looks like I will have to order at least two Artists Edition's at a time to keep the shipping costs at a 'reasonable' level.

Luckily you guys keep producing so many great books. Keep them coming! (thumbs u

The MAD artist's edition arrived earlier in the week. I was out and my next door neighbour took the parcel in for me. Normally, he would fetch it round, but the weight was too much for him (he's in his 70s), so I had to collect from his house!

Anyways, delighted with the new collection - which includes my all-time-favorite Mad comic-book story, "Mole!" (Bill Elder was just s-o-o-o-o good).

Big, big thanks to Scott Dunbier for building on the sterling efforts of Russ Cochran and keeping the EC flame alive!

Currently awaiting the Eisner Spirit book . . .

The MAD artist's edition arrived earlier in the week. I was out and my next door neighbour took the parcel in for me. Normally, he would fetch it round, but the weight was too much for him (he's in his 70s), so I had to collect from his house!

Anyways, delighted with the new collection - which includes my all-time-favorite Mad comic-book story, "Mole!" (Bill Elder was just s-o-o-o-o good).

Big, big thanks to Scott Dunbier for building on the sterling efforts of Russ Cochran and keeping the EC flame alive!

Currently awaiting the Eisner Spirit book . . .

Thanks for the very fine words, Terry, much appreciated.

The finishing touches are going on the first Best of EC book this weekend and I'm quite happy with how it is coming together. The hard part was not putting in every great story, saving some for the second volume! I think you will dig it.

Best,

Scott

The finishing touches are going on the first Best of EC book this weekend and I'm quite happy with how it is coming together. The hard part was not putting in every great story, saving some for the second volume! I think you will dig it.

Best,

Scott

mole1.jpg

Since this is an imaginary question, I want stuff I could never see - Little Nemo and Krazy Kat. A more realistic answer would be BWS Conan or even Storyteller, JHW3 Promethea, and FM Elektra Lives Again. Then a Sienkiewica edition with DD GN written by FM, and the Elektra miniseries.Then finish me off with some Kirby 4th World and FF.

Walter mentioned it on FB today funnily enough.Its the only chapter that wasnt returned to him.He doesnt know where it is

I was told yesterday by people at a convention, including an artist who piped up when he heard what we were talking about, that Walt has made it fairly clear he intends to do the Viking funeral thing and that is why he keeps the art. This was said to me, and now to you, as 100% serious.

Walter mentioned it on FB today funnily enough.Its the only chapter that wasnt returned to him.He doesnt know where it is

I was told yesterday by people at a convention, including an artist who piped up when he heard what we were talking about, that Walt has made it fairly clear he intends to do the Viking funeral thing and that is why he keeps the art. This was said to me, and now to you, as 100% serious.

His wife told me the same thing at a convention last year. (thumbs u