• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Hey, Hicks. Man, you look just like I feel." - The Aliens Journal

116 posts in this topic

Stryfe1000: thanks man, im wondering if my post helped a bit to start all that rant about pressing being restoration or not :D

Since there are pressing journals all over the place now ... here is my opinion on this topic:

I had book with some wrinkles (otherwise pretty nice copy with no creases or anything)

Now i have flat, great looking book...nothing was added or removed. I like to have nice books in my collection...and thats pretty much it. I would never use restoration techniques but pressing is ... well just pressing :) Its exactly the same book as before, its just more flat now.

From my point of view it's more simple than some people are trying to make it look.

One more update, my first experience with pressing service... original grade after pessing estimated by classics incorporated was 9.4 ... and it ended up better than expected :)

alien_magazine.jpg

Looks fantastic, Tomas!

I told you inserting it in-between the matress and boxspring would pay off. And having your department come by to help out made it even better.

o-REUBEN-REYNOSO-570.jpg

Here is a little example of what postal service can do....book was sent in USPS express mail box, ,properly secured and wrappend in bubble wrap...still they manage to break whole slab in half and ruin such a great looking book.

...one step back in my quest of collectiong whole Ronin set :(

ronin_2.jpg

One new piece from last week:

I have to say that story of Newt's Tale books was a bit of letdown (except for beginning on hadley's hope) but Bolton's covers are just stunning.

newt_2.jpg

Today i've realised that i didn't posted this yet, my biggest pride and joy right after first Aliens appearance. Im trying to add #1 patinum variant and ashcan editions now.

This is one of my favorite AVP stories by the way.

I've noticed that this is one of these stories that people either love or hate

Feel free to write your opinions.

avp_bolton.jpg

Seeing them in a group shot like that just reminds me how stunning Bolton's covers were when they were sitting on the rack next to your average Marvel/DC line-drawn books... They jumped out at you and told you that they were something... MORE!

Beautiful set, man. Congrats on getting them together!

Stryfe1000: thanks man, im wondering if my post helped a bit to start all that rant about pressing being restoration or not :D

Since there are pressing journals all over the place now ... here is my opinion on this topic:

I had book with some wrinkles (otherwise pretty nice copy with no creases or anything)

Now i have flat, great looking book...nothing was added or removed. I like to have nice books in my collection...and thats pretty much it. I would never use restoration techniques but pressing is ... well just pressing :) Its exactly the same book as before, its just more flat now.

From my point of view it's more simple than some people are trying to make it look.

I agree with this. (thumbs u

Today i've realised that i didn't posted this yet, my biggest pride and joy right after first Aliens appearance. Im trying to add #1 patinum variant and ashcan editions now.

avp_bolton.jpg

That is gorgeous right there...and I happen to love that story.

avp_bolton.jpg

That's awesome! :acclaim: Congrats. If you posted this pic in the "Predator" thread in the Copper section you'd cause some heart attacks for sure. lol

No doubt about that.

There are some Predator 2 books being shipped back this week. Double signed by Danny Glover and Gary Busey!! (At least mine is.)

Aliens and Predator, baby!!! :banana: