• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 Stolen books. Fantastic Four #5 CGC 8.0/ Avengers #4 CGC 9.2

72 posts in this topic

Hi All,

The Fantastic Four #5 CGC 8.0 was stolen Saturday at the Mid-Ohio Con. The Avengers #4 CGC 9.2 was stolen in the last couple of weeks. I'm offering a $500 per book reward for information leading to the return of each book. Additionally, I'm offering another $500 per book for information that puts these dirtbags away. Books are listed on stolencomic.com. Thanks for any help. Please see scans below:

FANTASTICFOUR5CGC80WHITEFRONT-1.jpg

FANTASTICFOUR5CGC80BACK-1.jpg

AVENGERS4CGC92CROWFRONT-1.jpg

AVENGERS4CGC92BACK-1.jpg

Isn't this at least the third high-value slab stolen during this particular convention? Sounds like there is a thief afoot! I hope he or she gets caught.

Bleeding Cool picked up the story today...

LINK

A copy of Brave And The Bold #28 graded CGC 8.5 and valued at $10,000 and a Fantastic Four #5 8.0 were stolen from two different vendors this Saturday within minutes of each other, at Wizard World Mid Ohio.

Selling one of these on its own might be suspicios, anyone trying to sell both togetehr should set off all the alarm bells.

Greg,

Sorry to hear this!! I'm hoping you can contact local stores in the area as well...we have some good sleuths here if these show up in more public settings.

Sounds like there is a ring of thieves at work. I hope you get your books back Greg.

Wow sorry to hear that. That's terrible. I'd be pissed over someone stealing a $100 book from me let alone something worth thousands.

Just wondering, but was it stolen during the transportation of the items into or out of the show, or during the show?

Stolen during show hours. There were 3 thefts (that we know of), from 3 different vendors. All were stolen from outside the booth and it's likely , in addition to an accomplice, they may have had a tool of some kind as one book was on the top row of a vendors booth. We will have a radically different set of security/booth layout beginning in NY and beyond.

Greg this just sucks, pizzes me off to see this happen so often. Does anyone run small camera's at Con's that they can hook up to their laptops or a hard drive just to catch this kind of douchebaggery?

I've seen display racks with cameras mounted to them at WW Chicago and C2E2. I don't want to drop the name of a competitor in Greg's thread so I will abstain from naming the booth.

Greg this just sucks, pizzes me off to see this happen so often. Does anyone run small camera's at Con's that they can hook up to their laptops or a hard drive just to catch this kind of douchebaggery?

I've seen display racks with cameras mounted to them at WW Chicago and C2E2. I don't want to drop the name of a competitor in Greg's thread so I will abstain from naming the booth.

Don't worry about name-dropping. Worldwide has been hit before and they beefed up security. They might be the first, but they won't be the last, to film the entire convention.