• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suckadelic by the Sucklord!

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone else found these twisted little sculptures? I was at the Walker Art Museum in Minneapolis the other day, and found a paperback compilation of the various "action figures" by Sucklord66 - signed and numbered edition (!).

suckshow-close.jpgMT-Pack-2-128x128.jpg

There was a Village Voice article last year about the artist, who goes around in a silver painted Star wars helmet and a boom box, but it was new to me. Apparently there are some San Diego ComicCon figures as well. These things are hilarious. They are a total parody of the Star Wars figures, but with just enough attitude to be sardonically clever. I'd never heard of the Sucklord or Suckadelic, but I'm a convert!

Here's the link to the Village Voice article:

Suckadelic

His stuff is pretty cool and he's quite a character. If you can track down the episodes, he was one of the contestants on the second season of Bravo's 'Work of Art' reality TV show.

His stuff is pretty cool and he's quite a character. If you can track down the episodes, he was one of the contestants on the second season of Bravo's 'Work of Art' reality TV show.

He was also featured in one of the episodes of Bravo's "Gallery Girls" reality show this season, where he takes over a clothing store/art gallery for an evening to sell his wares and much inanity ensues.