• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

I'm sure issue 7 was under ordered as most shops were trying to gauge interest.

I thought it was as good as it left off. Excited for more issues to come!

I agree.

I guess it's safe for shops to under order cause of the delay and easier for Image to print small print runs as needed so not to get stuck with too many copies.

I've been out of comics for awhile aside from reading ASM. Nowhere Men was one of my favorite titles when it came out, and I would buy every issue, print, etc. in 9.8. I was obsessed. I'm glad it's coming back, but this time it'll be only to read and not collect.

Anybody going to have an extra #7 9.8 they are willing to part with?

hm

lol, no interest in this comic for what seems like years now.....and all of a sudden folks are trolling for Thought Bubble 9.8s....

I guess it's cyclical.

hm

lol, no interest in this comic for what seems like years now.....and all of a sudden folks are trolling for Thought Bubble 9.8s....

I guess it's cyclical.

Trolling for Thought Bubble 9.8's... I don't get it. What'd I miss? :shrug:

hm

I guess it's cyclical.

Nada. I heard three folks talking about finding 9.8 Thought Bubble #1 at my LCS out of the blue recently.

hm

I guess it's cyclical.

Nada. I heard three folks talking about finding 9.8 Thought Bubble #1 at my LCS out of the blue recently.

Ah, got it. Wasn't that book a bit notorious for being difficult to find in 9.8 worthy condition? Or am I mistaking it for something else?

hm

I guess it's cyclical.

Ah, got it. Wasn't that book a bit notorious for being difficult to find in 9.8 worthy condition? Or am I mistaking it for something else?

Yep, that's the one....pretty much the only NWM comic that's scarce in that grade.

hm

I guess it's cyclical.

Yep, that's the one....pretty much the only NWM comic that's scarce in that grade.

Absolutely. Took me a year and 4 raw copies before I finally scored two 9.8's. Planning on getting one signed by ES if he does a signing.

The TB in my registry was a very blind leap of faith; purchased from eBay raw from a seller ( fgarcia1007), who pretty much guaranteed it was a 9.8 in his/her listing :eek: ... after a month and a half, the courage was built up to submit it :wishluck: ... thank goodness it came back with the grade I wished for... (worship)

CGC went really easy on my copies. I got like 6 9.8s and 2 9.6s on books I had pegged as 1 9.8 and 4 9.6s and 3 9.4s.

I had 2 copies come into my possession. Neither looked like a 9.8 but both were graded as such.

That's pretty lucky; I had two raw copies I thought had a shot at 9.8. I guess I had the bad luck of sending them in on a day when the grading was tough, because they both came back 9.6... lol

CGC went really easy on my copies. I got like 6 9.8s and 2 9.6s on books I had pegged as 1 9.8 and 4 9.6s and 3 9.4s.

I had 2 copies come into my possession. Neither looked like a 9.8 but both were graded as such.

That's pretty lucky; I had two raw copies I thought had a shot at 9.8. I guess I had the bad luck of sending them in on a day when the grading was tough, because they both came back 9.6... lol

Sorry I didn't sub those copies. Both just passed through my hands. Probably like most books didn't realize the poor manufacturing and softened up on them (shrug)