• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

I must say, I was very excited for the book's comeback, but after #7 and #8 my attention drifted and never quite returned. :( Is anyone here still reading the current issues?

10 was a little late and 11 keeps getting pushed back. Who knows when we'll get 11.

The new issues are really good just not as jam packed or as long of reads as the first arc. I recommend waiting for the trade or waiting till you can pick up the new issues for cheap.

At this rate it may never finish. I know big surprise right.

Edited by james1miller

I thought it was after that when they could not get a new issue out within months of the last one.

I wonder what E. S. thinks about the drop in market share for Image over the past few months? They need to have another big book come out to prop things up. Most of their recent #1s have not had legs.

This crowd never gets tired of re-treading the same territory hm

There is something people live with in sales and it lasts forever. Treat someone nice, they'll tell a couple or even a few people for a short while. Treat someone poorly, they'll tell everyone they know...forever. 2c

E.S posted that he had received his Comicspro comps for Nowhere Men #1 - which resulted in him getting a flood of PMs asking for free copies.

Say what you want about E.S. - but the community turned on him very quickly asking for hand-outs.

There is something people live with in sales and it lasts forever. Treat someone nice, they'll tell a couple or even a few people for a short while. Treat someone poorly, they'll tell everyone they know...forever. 2c

Probably true for a certain personality type. Not mine personally, I tend to attempt to attribute things that annoy me to stupidity, ignorance, a misunderstanding... rarely malice.

I didn't receive a handout. I didn't like that he was jealous of the secondary market to the point where he sabotaged his own sales to prove a point. He might very well have a good reason in his own mind for doing so but it was a poor business decision. He then offered multiple covers through his own company after saying they were ruining the market by offering them though retailers. Uhhhh okay... lol

Probably true for a certain personality type. Not mine personally, I tend to attempt to attribute things that annoy me to stupidity, ignorance, a misunderstanding... rarely malice.

That's because you're a nice person. Most people will tell others about the ignorant or stupid too. No one seems in a rush to deal with them either. :roflmao:

He then offered multiple covers through his own company after saying they were ruining the market by offering them though retailers. Uhhhh okay... lol

The best was when I asked him what was up with Bedlam 1's ten or so covers and he condescendingly told me it was OK because some DC book had 50 lol

Dude came across as an arrogant head on the boards. That's why people don't like him - not because of free book PMs or whatever.

Edited by Solar

That's because you're a nice person. Most people will tell others about the ignorant or stupid too. No one seems in a rush to deal with them either. :roflmao:

So where in here is "say something (that may have some truth to it, or that may not) that a group of people don't like and they'll mention it in your book's thread until the end of time"?

Oh, right, we're in the internet lol

He then offered multiple covers through his own company after saying they were ruining the market by offering them though retailers. Uhhhh okay... lol

The best was when I asked him what was up with Bedlam 1's ten or so covers and he condescendingly told me it was OK because some DC book had 50. lol

That doesn't make a lick of sense if it went down that way, I'd just have more questions much like you may have lol

Wasn't his whole bit about retailer incentive covers? I read the speech at one point, hoping to see what was so terrible, but frankly it was forgettable in most respects, and made sense to me personally in the section where he was speaking about certain types of variants.

I came away from reading that feeling like some people were way overreacting :shrug:

If it would've continued coming out regularly, it could've been one of the biggest books. It was BY FAR my favorite modern series to read each month. Now I only pick it up when I'm in a shop and realize I haven't read the newest issue yet.