• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Weird, I remember it being red hot and speculated up before Nate had whatever issues he had that stopped publication.

Are you trying to say it dropped off of the spec train for some other reason? Like, people aren't buying it as some sort of protest or boycott of ES?

I think it was in response to A. Delays and B. ES trying to decide who was worthy enough to own his book....especially B... :roflmao:

Nah. It was the delays. I mean, the speculation train would have moved on eventually most likely as that is how it works except for a select few titles. Where money is involved, most don't really vote with their ethics and morals 2c

We *all* understand, some people have a problem with ES.

They had it before the book was red hot. He is a Big Deal at Image... people still buy Image books all of the time.

Some of you, and I'm not pointing anyone out, should stop trying to pretend like any of Nowhere Men's problems has anything to do with the small number of people that buy comics that even know who ES is. It's tiring.

I still have a set of #1-6 and think it is a great read., but am glad that I sold almost everything at the peak for the series. I moved most of my #1s at a show to two other dealers (15 copies apiece) at $35 apiece just before the bubble burst. Talk about lucky timing.........

Take away WD, and Image is nowhere close to the 3rd largest publisher. As it is, their market share has been slipping since the 2013/14 spec bubble after the successful launches they had in 2012. Their market share has been consistently dropping the past couple of years, and a lot of it has to do with the weakness of their new books. Saga is the only top 50 book in their portfolio, which is surprising considering how weak a lot of the Marvel and DC stuff is right now.