• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Image needs to hype this as much as they can. I still have a few copies of #1 1st prints that I found in a long box that I need to sell. lol

internet comic sellers like you are the type of people E.S. hates the most.

Pretty sure he hates speculators more than Internet comic sellers (thumbs u

lol

That is a joke as without the speculators there would be no demand for most of the new books Image puts out..........

If you go back to the beginning I am one of the first people to post in the thread on how great the NWM series is. The fact I loaded up on #1s after reading it for resale potential should not be an issue.

Image needs to hype this as much as they can. I still have a few copies of #1 1st prints that I found in a long box that I need to sell. lol

lol

That is a joke as without the speculators there would be no demand for most of the new books Image puts out..........

If you go back to the beginning I am one of the first people to post in the thread on how great the NWM series is. The fact I loaded up on #1s after reading it for resale potential should not be an issue.

I completely agree. If people didn't perceive future value, these would end up in the recycling bin like newspapers. Its cheaper to buy TPBs from Image for almost everything except maybe The Walking Dead but people still buy comics. A trade is a lot easier to read/handle than pulling out 5 different comics and the comics cost more.

Edit: I still believe the stories would be in demand but not for $3 to $5 for 22 pages or even $15 for 144 pages. Too many of these are free at the library.

Edited by The Authority

lol

I completely agree. If people didn't perceive future value, these would end up in the recycling bin like newspapers. Its cheaper to buy TPBs from Image for almost everything except maybe The Walking Dead but people still buy comics. A trade is a lot easier to read/handle than pulling out 5 different comics and the comics cost more.

Edit: I still believe the stories would be in demand but not for $3 to $5 for 22 pages or even $15 for 144 pages. Too many of these are free at the library.

How many Image books last past issue #5 with close to #1 print runs? That tells you what the "reader" market really is for the books vs. how fast they drop off once the speculative hype dies down.

In any case, I am glad to see NWM back and look forward to picking up the next arc via TPB instead of floppies. That way I will not have to wait for two years to complete the 6 issue arc..... lol

lol

How many Image books last past issue #5 with close to #1 print runs? That tells you what the "reader" market really is for the books vs. how fast they drop off once the speculative hype dies down.

In any case, I am glad to see NWM back and look forward to picking up the next arc via TPB instead of floppies. That way I will not have to wait for two years to complete the 6 issue arc..... lol

How many of any of the books DC, Marvel, Image, or otherwise have print runs near their #1 issues ? Image has The Walking Dead and Saga. I can't think of any other recent book other than those 2 though I'm certain someone else will find 1 pr 2 more. I think thats the way its been for as long as I can remember. I still believe people see some value in owning the originals. 2c

Football and Nowhere Men #7 can't get here soon enough.

Paste: The Nowhere Men trade was also resolicited, signaling the return of the series to monthly comics. What can you tell us about the return of the series?

Stephenson: Not a lot, actually, apart from the fact we’ll be back in November with a new artist. Story-wise, issue seven picks up more or less where six left off. Oh, and that this time, it really will be a monthly comic.

Paste: It has certainly been a long road for the book since its debut in 2012. Looking at the books return, what would you say has changed about the series? What’s changed for you and the creative process, and how has the passing of time changed your influence, plans or outlook for the series?

Stephenson: Yeah, the first six issues took a long time to complete, which was obviously not how we’d planned things to go, but one of the upsides to that was I had more time to consider various things associated with the book. There were elements of the story I changed for the sake of expediency that wound up having an overall positive effect on the first arc, and some of that has carried over into preparations for the six issues.

The biggest difference in terms of outlook, though, is that I’m pretty aware of the uphill battle we’re facing in terms of reaching a readership that has likely grown impatient with us due to the long break. No one likes to wait forever, and that’s why we’re determined to get the next issues—and hopefully beyond—out on a regular basis.

From here

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/07/were-the-alternative-publisher-and-writer-eric-ste.html

New artist?! :cry:

Edited by james1miller

So after all the "Nate is the only artist for NM" talk, ES ended up going with a new artist?

What a trip!

lol

It was likely all a negotiating stance. Don't him off until you straighten out who owns what in order to move forward....... (shrug)

So after all the "Nate is the only artist for NM" talk, ES ended up going with a new artist?

What a trip!

lol

It was likely all a negotiating stance. Don't him off until you straighten out who owns what in order to move forward....... (shrug)

Very true.

What a trip!

lol

In fairness, perhaps Eric was giving him one final chance to get it done, but... (shrug)

Nate posted some things on his twitter and tumblr recently. :(

Wow. That dude needs to get some help.

Glad the team moved on, Nate is no where near stable enough emotionally to handle life let alone a monthly comic. With that said, I hope he finds the strength to get the help he clearly needs for his mental health

Dude needs to get help and stop feeling sorry for himself. He's the only one to blame for the delays, as heartless as that may sound.

When he shared what he was going through last year, that was great. He recognized he was in a rough spot and was supposedly getting help. It sounds like he's in the same place he was and is simply whining about it.

If his most recent blog was supposed to evoke a modicum of sympathy from this reader, his attempt failed.

I'm glad Eric and team moved on. It's something they should have done a long time ago. 2c

Dude needs to get help and stop feeling sorry for himself. He's the only one to blame for the delays, as heartless as that may sound.

When he shared what he was going through last year, that was great. He recognized he was in a rough spot and was supposedly getting help. It sounds like he's in the same place he was and is simply whining about it.

If his most recent blog was supposed to evoke a modicum of sympathy from this reader, his attempt failed.

I'm glad Eric and team moved on. It's something they should have done a long time ago. 2c

If he put 1/3 the effort he put into whine-blogging into actual work, we'd have a book and there'd be no need for sob stories. Boo hoo....my head hurts....life is so difficult......wwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah....my diaper is too tight.......!