• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ties in set rank?

5 posts in this topic

Just a noob question here - what happens if two people tie in set rank? Who wins the title? Both? The one that reached it first? The one with the best presentation? Sorry if this has been asked before...any info would be appreciated as I'm curious how that works. :hi:

• Administrator

To break it down, ranking is achieved in this order:

1. Set score

2. Percentage of comics with images

3. Percentage of comics with descriptions

If all of the above items are equal between sets, then sets will be sorted by the date the rank was achieved (first to achieve it will appear higher), but they will have the same rank number beside their set.

If all of the above items are equal between sets, then sets will be sorted by the date the rank was achieved (first to achieve it will appear higher), but they will have the same rank number beside their set.

Gemma,

Thank you for clarifying! Last question - in case of an 'all of the above' situation tie, do both people ranked 1 get certificates or only the true first person (has this ever happened before, by the way?)

Thank you :D

• Administrator

In that case then all sets ranked #1 would receive a certificate. I can't recall if this has happened in the comics sets, but it definitely has happened in the coin sets.

hm

Hey Gemma since you've broken down how sets are valued, I noticed that you said comics with pictures is there a specfic size you folks want a photo?

If so can said size be achieved by a smart phone?

I also read via anther post that I can request scans of my slabs, could those scans be used for the Registry sets?

P.S. Im a total Rookie when it comes to this hobby

Have a good day RULKFAN1000

:hi: