• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncanny Avengers

37 posts in this topic

So I read it today and to my surprise I actually liked and was very sickened by the end of the issue. (Which means it was a good end.) Just so I dont have to hunt down the exact cause in Avengers/X-men can someone detail why Cyclops did him in? I know some of the details, but the real reasons because I didnt read the full series.

I thought the book had some good moments with Logan which brought memories of my youth reading some of those issues. I think its a bad choice to include the member that went to visit Cyclops. They have never worked out well maybe this time will be different. I like the mutant/human conflict again currently. I still hate the Scarlett Witch and the fight with her and Rogue seemed unneeded in the book.

Other then that Id say it was a good start.

No posts?

This book lived up to the hype. Remender doesn't disappoint. :)

I'm excited to see Havok take a bigger leadership role, and step out of his brother's shadow. Now, he leads a team composed of Earth's mightiest heroes and the Children of the Atom.

Speculation: Uncanny X-Men 54 will rise. :D

Oh, and what a disturbing ending...

I read it and don't remember the disturbing ending. I need to cut down on moderns as obviously I'm not getting the full effect anymore

I liked this book and will keep it on my pull list for the time being. The character I'm most interested in seeing being developed is Havok. I feel he has been under used as far as Marvel characters go and there could be a lot of opportunity here. I remember back in X-Factor back in the nineties he was a pretty good character and they could really build off that and the past few years in space.

Just read it.

I actually enjoyed it a little more than I'd expected. Not sure I'll stick with it, especially as I'm just about done with collecting moderns, but for anyone with a passing interest in the characters, it's worth a punt.

If issue of New X-Men gets me hooked, I might keep up with this as well. If not, I'm back off to the 1980's for good.

As for the final scene? It's definately worth the entrance fee.

No posts?

I'm excited to see Havok take a bigger leadership role, and step out of his brother's shadow. Now, he leads a team composed of Earth's mightiest heroes and the Children of the Atom.

This is why I dropped Venom and only have Uncanny Avengers and X-Force as my only marvel comics in my saver.

I really enjoy Remender. I loved his run on Venom. I found Uncanny Avengers #1 to be good and the end definitely made me want to pick up issue #2 (which, I guess, is the ultimate goal).

Maybe I'm in the minority but I didn't enjoy Cassaday's art in this issue, though, and I am usually a fan of his.

I really enjoy Remender. I loved his run on Venom. I found Uncanny Avengers #1 to be good and the end definitely made me want to pick up issue #2 (which, I guess, is the ultimate goal).

Maybe I'm in the minority but I didn't enjoy Cassaday's art in this issue, though, and I am usually a fan of his.

Huge fan of his art as well, but it felt out of place on this book.

I felt it was a little dark for a mainstream book, but then I'm an old fart :preach:

I thought it was well written, it's just a shame I can't let my 7 year old read it, because he really wants to, but given the content it ain't happening I'm afraid.

I felt it was a little dark for a mainstream book, but then I'm an old fart :preach:

I thought it was well written, it's just a shame I can't let my 7 year old read it, because he really wants to, but given the content it ain't happening I'm afraid.

At least he didnt ask to read Black Kiss. I saw three different comic book shops who left it out where kids could get to it...

At least he didnt ask to read Black Kiss. I saw three different comic book shops who left it out where kids could get to it...

:o

Having just re read it, I had an interesting, and if correct, disappointing prediction.

HUGE MASSIVE SPOILERS RE AvX AND UNCANNY AVENGERS

Don't moan that I didn't warn you

Does this mean that Prof X will be resurrected like Avalanche?

I know X-Men have a tendency to avoid long term deaths, but he only snuffed it last month and it looks like he may be coming back already.

I hope I'm wrong. I'd like to see one or two X-Men buck the trend.

No, I don't think they would do that quite so soon(but you never really know these days).

I think Marvel is trying to evolve the X-men, since you can really only do a Magneto vs X-men story so many times. Cyclops could fit the role of Magneto very easily. The only question now is do they try and stick with the Wolverine as a leader schtick they've been doing for the past few years now, or are they going to move someone else into that role. Also, who now become the mentor? I think that would fit Wolverines M.O. more than leader.

I also agree, the book was fairly good.

I love Remender. He is probably my favorite author. I have even read his older indy stuff like Strange Girl (it's really good btw, go and read it).

Uncanny Avengers seems to have a ton of potential, like most Remender boooks do. After I read it I told my friend my intial grade was 7.8/10. I still agree with that.

It is okay. It's a starting issue, and I understand this. I also understand how crazy Remender storylines can become.

I look forward to seeing this series mature.

No posts?

Wait...Is Havok going to lead the team or is Cap going to?

No posts?

Wait...Is Havok going to lead the team or is Cap going to?

Havok is the "puppet" leader. I mean seriously, are we suppose to buy Cap taking orders from....Havok?!?!? I can't, sorry.

Overall though I enjoyed the issue. I am definitely pro-Cyclops (he was right in AvX) and anti-Avengers, but this issue didn't shed a bad light on either side IMO.

From Newsarama interview with Remender:

Nrama: So will readers actually see Havok bossing around Captain America and Wolverine?

Remender: It's so much of the story. Captain America understands that he's running an Avengers unit out of the tower. There's a need for a number of Avengers units. The Marvel Universe is a crazy, chaotic place. He understands that there's an importance, and there's something powerful, about people seeing Alex Summers giving Captain America, Thor and Wolverine marching orders in the field. He knows that Alex has the wherewithal and the history to do it, he's got the goods. But when sh*t comes down — and I am bringing some sh*t down — when the heavy hammer falls, and everything's at stake, can Cap stand back and still let Havok lead? Can Wolverine stand back and still let Havok call the shots, if they don't agree with those shots? If the world's about to be destroyed, and sh*t's going haywire, can they still maintain? Alex is going to say, "Am I a figurehead, or am I the leader? Because now the chips are down — am I running the show? Because if I'm not running it now, I'm never running it again." There's so much drama from that; I really have enjoyed writing it.

That's it in a nutshell.