• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Megacon

462 posts in this topic

Talked to Christine yesterday and signed up for Megacon. Almost no end caps left, she said. I've talked to a lot of dealers who haven't done this show before, or haven't in a while, and they said they thought they might want to do it next year. If you are in this boat, you should probably touch base with her soon.

Sad to see Capullo and Finch not there this year. That made last year way better than I expected! With that said, there are still some incredible talent lined up and I will be there all 3 days.

Anyone know of any potential exclusives for MegaCon? I know that Capullo did a Batman print last year that was limited to 200 or so. I wish more artists did this.

I am awaiting some samples from a printing company I use to see about making a limited run of sketch card blanks that I can bring to this event for the artist alley.

Talked to Christine yesterday and signed up for Megacon. Almost no end caps left, she said. I've talked to a lot of dealers who haven't done this show before, or haven't in a while, and they said they thought they might want to do it next year. If you are in this boat, you should probably touch base with her soon.
snagged our Double end cap months ago! :headbang:

Don't forget your display racks! :ohnoez:

Don't forget your display racks! :ohnoez:

lol lol lol

This will be my first comic convention. Can't wait! My goal is to get some old Batman comics signed by Neal Adams (CGC'd but this is for my personal collection). Anyone attended this event before and can give me some general advice? I believe I am only attending on Saturday.

This will be my first comic convention. Can't wait! My goal is to get some old Batman comics signed by Neal Adams (CGC'd but this is for my personal collection). Anyone attended this event before and can give me some general advice? I believe I am only attending on Saturday.

Since you are actually going, it shouldn't be too difficult to manage.

Locate the cgc booth first. Stop by, say hi, let them know that you will be having Neal sign a few books and that you'd like a witness. They will help w/ the paperwork/fees/etc and then get in line for Neal. The last few shows I attended had lines for him but they were not more than 30 people long and never lasted more than 15 minutes. He does charge more for sigs that will be CGC'd so do be prepared for that ($5 reg sig and $10 for cgc sig if I remember right and he sticks to his normal structure.)

Also, take a moment to head over the signature sub forum here and look up the thread that talks about prepping your book for cgc ss. An hour of prep can save you a lot of headaches at the show.

so in review: Find CGC, Prep your books and thank everyone (CGC and those who are signing your stuff!) oh and have fun.

I'll be there all the days and can't wait!

Since you are actually going, it shouldn't be too difficult to manage.

Locate the cgc booth first. Stop by, say hi, let them know that you will be having Neal sign a few books and that you'd like a witness. They will help w/ the paperwork/fees/etc and then get in line for Neal. The last few shows I attended had lines for him but they were not more than 30 people long and never lasted more than 15 minutes. He does charge more for sigs that will be CGC'd so do be prepared for that ($5 reg sig and $10 for cgc sig if I remember right and he sticks to his normal structure.)

Also, take a moment to head over the signature sub forum here and look up the thread that talks about prepping your book for cgc ss. An hour of prep can save you a lot of headaches at the show.

so in review: Find CGC, Prep your books and thank everyone (CGC and those who are signing your stuff!) oh and have fun.

I'll be there all the days and can't wait!

Thanks Mangbus! Yeah I don't mind paying more for the CGC sig...I intend on framing them in shadowboxes....I saw one particular thread on how to prepare the books for sig...any ideas how Neal prefers it? I'm just not familiar with comic book artists signature (by saying hey sign here)...any recommendations on cool things to do at Mega after I'm done with Neal? Thanks again!

Thanks Mangbus! Yeah I don't mind paying more for the CGC sig...I intend on framing them in shadowboxes....I saw one particular thread on how to prepare the books for sig...any ideas how Neal prefers it? I'm just not familiar with comic book artists signature (by saying hey sign here)...any recommendations on cool things to do at Mega after I'm done with Neal? Thanks again!

As we get closer, check the programming schedule for the day you will be there and pick a few panels that are on topics that interest you or are something you want to learn more about.

In regards to Neal, he's always seemed easy going and relaxed. Just be prepared and be nice and you should be fine. His booth is usually larger than most so you won't be bothering other artists tables while you wait. (last year David Finch's line wrapped around the side of his booth and blocked Zeb Wells' table entirely. It took some convincing to allow Finch's line to let me through them to have Zeb sign a few things. Zeb was hilarious about the fact he was being hidden!)

I'm a local so I always pack a lunch and water in a cooler in the car and save money that way (to maximize comic funds.)

Also if you plan on buying art prints or posters, buy a top loader or tube in advance, they get a little steep at the show since there is usually only 1 or 2 vendors for that sort of thing.

Wondering the same thing Manetteska. Last year (and years in the past) they have been doing On-site grading and subs.

Any official word?

Also for the out of town crowd, there will be a few boardies taking SS subs (but I'll let them make their own announcements when they are ready.)

Any ideas on exclusives (comics / prints / etc.) ??

I did get a Capullo penguin print last year but with him not returning, I am not sure what comic titles usually have con exclusives for megacon (if any?)