• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Megacon

462 posts in this topic

yeah. I've seen plenty of similar sized shows in other areas have multiple comic exclusives and there hasn't been a show in FL that has had a decent exclusive comic in a while.

hm

Is this a ' I have something planned ' hm or a 'mangbus.. you missed a past show that had tons of sweet comic exclusives' hm ??

yeah. I've seen plenty of similar sized shows in other areas have multiple comic exclusives and there hasn't been a show in FL that has had a decent exclusive comic in a while.

hm

Is this a ' I have something planned ' hm or a 'mangbus.. you missed a past show that had tons of sweet comic exclusives' hm ??

The Tampa Bay Comic Con has had a number of cool exclusives recently.....at least as far as posters go.

hm

The Tampa Bay Comic Con has had a number of cool exclusives recently.....at least as far as posters go.

Yeah. I know that. I got the Joker print and the free poster. I was leaning towards actual con exclusive comic variants. It's just sad that a show which is much bigger and has actual DC / Marvel / Image booths/panels there always seems to drop the ball in this department.

Megacon is going to have the voice actor of Jake from Adventure Time and I thought it'd be cool to have a Megacon 2013 Exclusive Adventure Time # (whatever is out at the time) variant. That'd be a cool thing for him to sign and would be specific to the show.

With all of the ghost/phantom/local variants popping up, what is stopping a show like Megacon from doing something for their fans? A good title w/ some cool art would sell.

What is the fee for onsite grading?

Regular + fast track?

Last year it was $25 for moderns, $50 for economy, $85 for standard and $140 for express.

For SS books, it's an extra $10 pr. book ($11 for moderns).

They waive the $5 invoice fee for on-site books, though.

So if you took a TWD #1, they'd probably charge the standard tier?

Would they re-holder on site as well?

Is it same day pick up or by the end of the con?

I've seen plenty of WD #1s being graded under just the regular modern tier ...

They don't do reholders at on-site shows, and the books are guaranteed to be back by the end of the show - they usually cut off the submissions Saturday around noon.

dont they drive the books to Sarasota?

When I started this last year that is what CGC did. I was also able to submit books a week early so they could be ready for pickup at the show. I will see if they are willing to do this again. I will have an update soon.