• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Megacon

462 posts in this topic

Last year the Peabody con rate was $149 a night, this year it is $239?????

Makes me sad. Great Hotel right across from the convention center.

I would love to stay there again this year.

Love that hotel. Luckily there are about 5-6 other hotels that are in walking distance that aren't charging an arm and a leg.

Wondering the same thing Manetteska. Last year (and years in the past) they have been doing On-site grading and subs.

Any official word?

Also for the out of town crowd, there will be a few boardies taking SS subs (but I'll let them make their own announcements when they are ready.)

Any ideas on exclusives (comics / prints / etc.) ??

I did get a Capullo penguin print last year but with him not returning, I am not sure what comic titles usually have con exclusives for megacon (if any?)

Last couple years Mega Con hasn't had any exclusives from any of the major publishers. Maybe this year.

That Penguin print Capullo gave away was pretty cool though.

Wondering the same thing Manetteska. Last year (and years in the past) they have been doing On-site grading and subs.

Any official word?

Also for the out of town crowd, there will be a few boardies taking SS subs (but I'll let them make their own announcements when they are ready.)

Any ideas on exclusives (comics / prints / etc.) ??

I did get a Capullo penguin print last year but with him not returning, I am not sure what comic titles usually have con exclusives for megacon (if any?)

Last couple years Mega Con hasn't had any exclusives from any of the major publishers. Maybe this year.

That Penguin print Capullo gave away was pretty cool though.

Are they even trying to get an exclusive? At this point they may just not care and/or want to deal w/ it. I understand that there is cost/risk involved.

At least Tate's Comics got a Star Wars (Lmtd to 1000) variant for Knight Errant (I think it was that .. all based off memory) for Celebration and almost no one goes there for comics.

A lot of new stuff will be popping up around March. Take Age of Ultron for example - Marvel has proven that they are not afraid to put out too many variants, what is stopping them from making an Avengers Age of Ultron Megacon variant?

Having something exclusive to go after each day would give me a little more to do! I'll be dropping off some raws to be onsite graded, getting a few sigs early (SS'd) and then probably going to hang out at a friends booth/table and sketch the remainder of the time.

They announced Adam Hughes as a guest.
Looks like the post on their Facebook has been deleted and he is not on the website.

AH skipped Star Wars Celebration VI in Orlando this past year to work on Dr Manhattan.. so he already proved he is capable of bailing on Orlando.

I just hope it's a work load thing and not something more serious.

I almost pulled the trigger on a few AH covers to get SS'd and I am glad I didn't.

They announced Adam Hughes as a guest.
Looks like the post on their Facebook has been deleted and he is not on the website.

AH skipped Star Wars Celebration VI in Orlando this past year to work on Dr Manhattan.. so he already proved he is capable of bailing on Orlando.

I just hope it's a work load thing and not something more serious.

I almost pulled the trigger on a few AH covers to get SS'd and I am glad I didn't.

Who are you planning on lining up for to get signed?

I know Ethan Van Sciver was expecting to hear something and was pissed off when the promoter never e-mailed him back.

See.. this is what sucks. I know EVS will be at a small local show this month but there will not likely be anyone from CGC there (even though Clay Mann will be there as well :baiting: )