• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Daredevil #1 (that is currently in a PGX Slab) *BACK FROM CGC UPDATE

45 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I thought this would be fun..... I bought this PGX slab ages ago but never got around to cracking it and resubbing. I will soon, but thought it would be fun for everyone to give their opinion if it will go up, down, or side-ways with the CGC grading. On a side note, I just learned this book is a pseudo-rarity in that it is cut rather square compared to other DD #1's, but that won't help me out in the grade.

Anyway, I will update this thread in a year when the book comes back ;)

*I would be interested in knowing if anyone thinks a pressing and cleaning will help me out here. I've never done it and am nervous at the prospect.

792573-1.jpg

792573-2.jpg

i think a press can help the BC but I don't see it bumping up the grade much...maybe 0.5. Whether the cost of pressing is worth the hassle for a potential 0.5

I think you are in the ball park with 3.0 as is.

I should mention that I took these pictures outside, with the sun at an extreme angle. Not making excuses per se, but I would bet a scan would look much different. (I know I don't look very good in that light either!)

For what it's worth it looks almost identical - and in some ways better - than my CGC 4.0 version of the book. Based on that, I would guess at 4.0 from CGC.

When I get back home in a few days I'll post the scans of this book.

I like PGX-bashing as much as the next guy, but I think 3.0 is low on this. Nice rich cover colors and not a lot of creasing. I do think the light in the photos is probably exaggerating every little rumple. I'd agree with 4.0, maybe 3.5 worst case.

I bet it stays at 4.0. Have to agree with Point Five on the PGX bashing, but what if it comes back at 4.5? Hmmm. I'd press it. Side note Joeypost if your up for it we can put before and after scans of some of (or all) of the books you just pressed for me before you run them over to CGC. Then let the gang grade em. Heck maybe i'll give away a prize too, like Chunkybutt. That was so cool!