• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Daredevil #1 (that is currently in a PGX Slab) *BACK FROM CGC UPDATE

45 posts in this topic

hmmm.. i have an idea. resto is only resto if 1) you can see it and 2) it improves the apparent grade of the book. why not get stan to sign (and maybe underline his name or something to cover all the CT) in something like gold or silver opaque pen over the offending area. if he completely covers any sharpie, that should turn the book blue and yellow at the same time?

any bleed through into the inner front cover would just be treated as damage, not resto since it's not improving the appearance of anything there.

I'd have it removed, and take the small downgrade. The comic is in a low enough grade, where even tiny holes won't be easily seen. AND, you'll get the blue label! This isn't a professional resto. It's some doofus with a marker defacing the book. Just my opinion, but my OCD would kill me, knowing that there were marks on a book like that. I'd stare at it, and go insane. I'd end up scratching it off with my nails. Taking it to Matt would be a better alternative.

Bah… I’m sure it has already been discussed a million times, but minor color touch shouldn’t be considered "restoration" at the same level of professional (or amateur) proper restoration. It still puzzles me.

This is my FF #3 in the VG range, which I "upgraded" and sold my slabbed 3.0 that I could not browse and read… :D

It has very minor color touch in the purple lettering blurb, but I couldn’t care less: :cloud9:

5Gk5ERth.jpg