• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You guys over-hyped the Avengers movie

160 posts in this topic

It was fun, but Jesus Christ guys.

How was the Hulk suddenly able to control himself? Why did he go from almost ripping Scarlet's butt in half to teaming up with the group? How did he know to go to Manhattan for the final battle after being dropped in the middle of nowhere? Why did Thor sit in that Hulk-prison thingy with his thumb up his arse, right up until it was about to hit the ground? What exactly is the extent of Loki's powers? Who the heck was that alien race that was helping him? What was their motivation? Why did Black Widow and Hawkeye suck so bad? Why does the actor who plays Hawkeye have big biceps but no shoulders? Why did they make Captain America's costume so cheesy, and why did he never take it off, not even on the Shield carrier?

How was the Hulk suddenly able to control himself? Why did he go from almost ripping Scarlet's butt in half to teaming up with the group? How did he know to go to Manhattan for the final battle after being dropped in the middle of nowhere? Why did Thor sit in that Hulk-prison thingy with his thumb up his arse, right up until it was about to hit the ground? What exactly is the extent of Loki's powers? Who the heck was that alien race that was helping him? What was their motivation? Why did Black Widow and Hawkeye suck so bad? Why does the actor who plays Hawkeye have big biceps but no shoulders? Why did they make Captain America's costume so cheesy, and why did he never take it off, not even on the Shield carrier?

You know, I agree with just about everything you wrote here. Except that Renner's biceps only LOOKED big because he had no shoulders. It's all relative, you see.

It's based on a comic book? (shrug)

Even comic books/comic book movies need internal consistency.

How was the Hulk suddenly able to control himself? Magic.

Why did he go from almost ripping Scarlet's butt in half to teaming up with the group? Stark got him stoned.

How did he know to go to Manhattan for the final battle after being dropped in the middle of nowhere? Telepathy.

Why did Thor sit in that Hulk-prison thingy with his thumb up his arse, right up until it was about to hit the ground? He was still getting over the fact Loki really burned him on that trick to get him in the thingy.

What exactly is the extent of Loki's powers? It's a mystery OOOooOOOoOoOOOh

Who the heck was that alien race that was helping him? It was the Chitari. They're from just left of Mars.

What was their motivation? To monkey around and smash sh*t on another planet. I mean, do you ask monkeys what their motivation is?

Why did Black Widow and Hawkeye suck so bad? They are horrible actors.

Why does the actor who plays Hawkeye have big biceps but no shoulders? He's deformed. Like Megan Fox and her toe thumb.

Why did they make Captain America's costume so cheesy, and why did he never take it off, not even on the Shield carrier? Because Colson had input on it, and his spare clothes were being laundered.

Plot points solved.

I guess you've never read a comic book lol

Why did he go from almost ripping Scarlet's butt in half to teaming up with the group? Stark got him stoned.

How did he know to go to Manhattan for the final battle after being dropped in the middle of nowhere? Telepathy.

Why did Thor sit in that Hulk-prison thingy with his thumb up his arse, right up until it was about to hit the ground? He was still getting over the fact Loki really burned him on that trick to get him in the thingy.

Who the heck was that alien race that was helping him? It was the Chitari. They're from just left of Mars.

What was their motivation? To monkey around and smash sh*t on another planet. I mean, do you ask monkeys what their motivation is?

Why does the actor who plays Hawkeye have big biceps but no shoulders? He's deformed. Like Megan Fox and her toe thumb.

Why did they make Captain America's costume so cheesy, and why did he never take it off, not even on the Shield carrier? Because Colson had input on it, and his spare clothes were being laundered.

Plot points solved.

Ah, okay.

I now see that the Avengers was a landmark film in the history of cinema.

I guess you've never read a comic book lol

Please, I've read like 7 of them.

Plot points solved.

Ah, okay.

Well, yeah - but take a look at the other top grossing films of all time, it's not like the list is loaded with intelligent, edifying, thought-provoking cinematic masterpieces. The general populace likes seeing sh*t blown up by sexy people in costumes who prance around their hyper-sexed fantasy-based environment with angst and fervor.

I see your point though - I have the same problems with TDKR. I thought it had so many plot inconsistencies it was completely distracting, and I thought it was completely over-hyped. Comic books are like football teams - we rally with the ones we like, and hammer on the ones that aren't like the ones we like.

Plot points solved.

Ah, okay.

Well, yeah - but take a look at the other top grossing films of all time, it's not like the list is loaded with intelligent, edifying, thought-provoking cinematic masterpieces. The general populace likes seeing sh*t blown up by sexy people in costumes who prance around their hyper-sexed fantasy-based environment with angst and fervor.

I see your point though - I have the same problems with TDKR. I thought it had so many plot inconsistencies it was completely distracting, and I thought it was completely over-hyped. Comic books are like football teams - we rally with the ones we like, and hammer on the ones that aren't like the ones we like.

I like simple fun mess too, but like you said it just gets distracting when the flick is full of holes. Sometimes less is more, and I think it's better to tone it down but have all the loose ends tied up.

How was the Hulk suddenly able to control himself? Why did he go from almost ripping Scarlet's butt in half to teaming up with the group? If you saw the end off the Hulk movie with Edward Norton he was learning to control his Anger. On shield Carrier if you remember he was being manipulated by Loki.

How did he know to go to Manhattan for the final battle after being dropped in the middle of nowhere?

Maybey he was dropped outside Manhattan. It was never revealed where he was dropped but it was in a ware house so it must have been near city

Why did Thor sit in that Hulk-prison thingy with his thumb up his arse, right up until it was about to hit the ground? Prison was built to hold Hulk. He didnt have strength to break out

What exactly is the extent of Loki's powers? He is a Norse God of Lies and trickery. He has many powers like a sorcerer

Who the heck was that alien race that was helping him? What was their motivation?

It was said in the movie they were the Chitauri. In the end it was revealed they were working for Thanos who wanted to conquer Earth to appease death

Why did Black Widow and Hawkeye suck so bad?

Who says they sucked. I thought they did well

Why does the actor who plays Hawkeye have big biceps but no shoulders?

Hidden by Costume

Why did they make Captain America's costume so cheesy, and why did he never take it off, not even on the Shield carrier?

He left his clothes at home

Why did he go from almost ripping Scarlet's butt in half to teaming up with the group?

:gossip: He was testing her to see what she'd do and if she was lying about being there alone. He got his answer.