• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You guys over-hyped the Avengers movie

160 posts in this topic

I much preferred Avatar the first time I saw it, back when it was called "Dances with Wolves".

In the name of all that is holy, can nothing knock Avatar and Titanic out of the # 1 and 2 spots? :frustrated:

I much preferred Prometheus the first time I saw it, back when it was called "Stargate."

Expendables 2 was probably the worst movie I've ever paid to see in the theater.

I call BS. After Prometheus and Expendables 2 this was the movie I was most looking forward to. I left the theater with a heavy heart.

I much preferred Avatar the first time I saw it, back when it was called "Dances with Wolves".

In the name of all that is holy, can nothing knock Avatar and Titanic out of the # 1 and 2 spots? :frustrated:

I much preferred Prometheus the first time I saw it, back when it was called "Stargate."

I much preferred Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers when I first saw it, back when it was called "Voltron".

Expendables 2 was probably the worst movie I've ever paid to see in the theater.

I call BS. After Prometheus and Expendables 2 this was the movie I was most looking forward to. I left the theater with a heavy heart.

Obviously you never paid to see Lost Highway in the therater.

That's an insult to Stargate sir :sumo:

It was fun, but Jesus Christ guys.

How was the Hulk suddenly able to control himself? Why did he go from almost ripping Scarlet's butt in half to teaming up with the group? How did he know to go to Manhattan for the final battle after being dropped in the middle of nowhere? Why did Thor sit in that Hulk-prison thingy with his thumb up his arse, right up until it was about to hit the ground? What exactly is the extent of Loki's powers? Who the heck was that alien race that was helping him? What was their motivation? Why did Black Widow and Hawkeye suck so bad? Why does the actor who plays Hawkeye have big biceps but no shoulders? Why did they make Captain America's costume so cheesy, and why did he never take it off, not even on the Shield carrier?

Didn't like the movie I guess???

It was fun, but Jesus Christ guys.

How was the Hulk suddenly able to control himself? Why did he go from almost ripping Scarlet's butt in half to teaming up with the group? How did he know to go to Manhattan for the final battle after being dropped in the middle of nowhere? Why did Thor sit in that Hulk-prison thingy with his thumb up his arse, right up until it was about to hit the ground? What exactly is the extent of Loki's powers? Who the heck was that alien race that was helping him? What was their motivation? Why did Black Widow and Hawkeye suck so bad? Why does the actor who plays Hawkeye have big biceps but no shoulders? Why did they make Captain America's costume so cheesy, and why did he never take it off, not even on the Shield carrier?

I thought we went to see it for the explosions....since when do you go see a comic book movie for the Oscar worthy writing?...we're lucky it made someany sense at all...GO HULK!!

I liked Avatar, but this did crack me up.

plot2.jpg

:roflmao:

Now that I actually read it...its freakin HILARIOUS!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!

lol

Actually, I thought Avatar was just your basic Michael Moore delusion but with great action scenes.

They made the movie for the public. They dont care about the plot holes us nerds see because we have read them for years. Everyone I work with who isnt into comics has either been talking about loving the movie or their kids watch it repeatedly. Top 5 costume sellers this year are Avengers. All my nephews are Capt America, Thor or Hawkeye. Commercially Marvel hit a knockout.

Personally I like the 1st Iron Man and Captain America(I loved all the Senior Citizens watching it all around my family.) better, but Avengers was much better then I ever expected. The ending with Thanos was just perfect.