• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Modern Speculation Thread
5 5

633 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Second Blight said:

If you read that, you'd see that more than 180 copies are printed.....

Whether those "extras" actually get destroyed is all a marketing gimmick. Money makes people say/do stupid things; brings out the greed.

They've done this before (I own the Venom 25 Maer Ultimate) and they really do destroy the amount printed outside of the sold amount. The reason they overprint is to make sure all copies they sell are 9.8. 

The complimentary copies that they distribute are given to people like the artist, and I would suspect there are less than 20 of them in total. 

6 hours ago, kimik said:

Looks like Thor 6 is going to be interesting this week based on the spoiler cover. hm

I know someone that ordered 10,000 copies of this issue. Go big or go home I guess. 

2 hours ago, eddly said:

I know someone that ordered 10,000 copies of this issue. Go big or go home I guess. 

Nice. I only ordered 100, and hopefully the two deaths and Thoranus 1st app make it worthwhile. lol 

The variant is the reason I decided to chase it. Nice cover.

Edited by kimik

13 hours ago, kimik said:

Nice. I only ordered 100, and hopefully the two deaths and Thoranus 1st app make it worthwhile. lol 

Thoranus? :sick:

Well, I guess the Batwang was pretty popular. (shrug)

5 hours ago, Lazyboy said:
19 hours ago, kimik said:

Thoranus? :sick:

God of ‘Thunder’, baby. :headbang:

No one is talking about FF Antithesis....Neal Adams written and drawn I think, and touts 1st app. of an Anti-Matter/Negative Zone version of Galactus.  This could be ripe for Cates to grab and use later for something.  He has been very good at that so far looking at his track record.

33 minutes ago, gradejunky said:

Doesn't the Tec N52 #0 throw that number off and make it 1027?  Normally you would be right but the legacy numbering would count that 0 issue.

That would make it 1025.

On 8/18/2020 at 2:55 PM, Very Metal said:

This feels like deja vu. Didn't they mess up a past anniversary issue in this manner?

Detective Comics #526 and #627 were the previous anniversary issues of this type, just to confuse matters.

1 hour ago, gradejunky said:

Wow, I linked this page the other day because a boardie didn't know this existed and now it's blown back up lol

I don't know why you linked this particular thread, which is just one of many past speculation threads and obviously not the most recent one.

8 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

So Thor 6...rather underwhelming.  Hope that guy who ordered 10,000 copies has a fireplace.

I ordered 7 copies. My lcs ordered 10,000. I think they are doing OK. They are selling most online. In their actual bricks and mortar store, they are limiting their customers to 1 copy each. 

3 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

I don't know why you linked this particular thread, which is just one of many past speculation threads and obviously not the most recent one.

it was the one one I remember being the most popular at the time of my last reconciliation. I do remember others, but this thread was the one that stayed alive for longer maybe?  I don't know for sure, sue me.