• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A different Kind of Bill Sienkiewicz

9 posts in this topic

You asked in the CAF listing where this image was lifted from and I replied but I cannot post the picture there so I will share it here.

This is Christy Turlington - a gorgeous supermodel - who I believe was also used by Filipino artist Jay Anacleto as his reference for his comic Aria back in the day.

Christ3_2.jpg

You asked in the CAF listing where this image was lifted from and I replied but I cannot post the picture there so I will share it here.

This is Christy Turlington - a gorgeous supermodel - who I believe was also used by Filipino artist Jay Anacleto as his reference for his comic Aria back in the day.

Christ3_2.jpg

Thanks so much for the information! I knew I'd seen it someplace before but had difficulty pinpointing the exact image.

I knew it was a supermodel from back in their heyday, and I thought I remembered a bathing suit, perhaps. Umm, what she's wearing is much nicer than a bathing suit :)

Christ3_2.jpg

Thanks again. Just some more information: Photo by the late, great, Herb Ritts, circa 1995. If you're gonna use photo reference, might as well go with one of the best in the biz.