• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anybody seen or heard from Gene Carpenter?
1 1

30 posts in this topic

I was in the middle of doing some stuff with Gene and suddenly have been unable to reach him by phone or e-mail.

Saw him in Baltimore in August and he was doing well.

He's a treasure of a human being. Say hello from Roy if you get a chance to talk to him.

I was in the middle of doing some stuff with Gene and suddenly have been unable to reach him by phone or e-mail.

Saw him in Baltimore in August and he was doing well.

He's a treasure of a human being.

Definitely is. One of my favorite people in the hobby

Still trying to see if anybodu has actually seen or talked to Gene in the last few days.

.....I haven't spoken to him lately, but it's not uncommon for him to lapse on internet communications.....he's an old school dealer and is primarily face to face and show oriented. I don't think he even does eBay. He lost his wife, whom he loved dearly, a little while back, and has good days and not so good . He is also very active in other collectibles areas and does other memorabilia shows. Just keep trying. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Gene was at the Annapolis Comicon this past weekend. It appears you were trying to reach him prior to the show....he might have just been very busy with show prep. He is also in an area prone to power outages during storms....Sandy is coming thru now....

Ducky....

Gene had 1950's Batmans in Fine for $ 50 in his TABLE stock when I first met him.....I didn't even know about the stuff UNDER the table lol ....that had to have been at least 25 years ago. I've spent an entire show at his booth. If you want to find books you didn't even know existed....thumb through HIS boxes. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Still trying to see if anybodu has actually seen or talked to Gene in the last few days.

Haven't been on the boards much over the past couple of days so I was concerned when I saw this post as I have been friends with Gene for over 40 years.

I just got off the phone with him and he's fine. He's had some computer problems and hasn't been able to receive or send emails. He'll be in touch soon.

aka "Jeff the Lurker"

Haven't been on the boards much over the past couple of days so I was concerned when I saw this post as I have been friends with Gene for over 40 years.

I just got off the phone with him and he's fine. He's had some computer problems and hasn't been able to receive or send emails. He'll be in touch soon.

aka "Jeff the Lurker"

There you go....take this as gospel.

If Jeff says it's so, I'll put my board rep on it. (for whatever that is worth) (thumbs u

aka "Jeff the Lurker"

If Jeff says it's so, I'll put my board rep on it. (for whatever that is worth) (thumbs u

:foryou:

aka "Jeff the Lurker"

:foryou:

Always confuse your name with Reese for some reason.

In anhy case, I'll vouche for either of you.

Got the utmost respect for you. You know that. You're 1,000,000% on board. I'll go to bat for you anytime, anywhere. (thumbs u