• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SPARKLE CITY ANNOUNCES 2 ORIGINAL OWNER COLLECTIONS + BATMAN #1

14 posts in this topic

Sparkle City Comics will begin to auction 2 stunning original owner collections starting November 4th. CGC highest graded records will be tied or surpassed by the time these collections finish grading at CGC. The first books to be graded from these collection will be ready for Sunday, November 4th.

In addition, we have acquired a beautiful copy of Batman #1 that has been in a private collection for nearly 2 decades which will also be auctioned beginning November 4th.

Here are some scans since the books are still out for grading.

131349.jpg.10bc5274edf8ef64e506229c07ed0db2.jpg

131350.jpg.a70c5c5c112df8678dad8b9cb25f91e8.jpg

131351.jpg.42b4a8938963065b548a8c9271a562b4.jpg

131352.jpg.d5a2bda37ecd81ed521858bbcb8fd171.jpg

Here is an update for the auction beginning this Sunday night. Hurricane Sandy has caused processing and logistical problems which have affected our ability to process all the comics at CGC prior to the auction. We were able to get most of the comics certified and the auction will start as planned on Sunday, November 4th.

Here are some of the highlights that have been certified:

Captain America Comics #1 CGC 7.0

Batman #1 CGC 2.5 OW/W

Detective Comics #33 CGC 4.5 OW/W

All-Select Comics #2 CGC 8.0 OW/W

All-Select Comics #1 CGC 5.0

All-Star Comics #1 CGC 7.5 OW/W

USA Comics #6 CGC 4.0

Exciting Comics #39 CGC 6.5 WHITE

Batman #25 CGC 8.0 WHITE

Batman #47 CGC 8.0 OW/W

Human Torch #19 CGC 8.5 OW/W

Human Torch #22 CGC 8.0 OW/W

Silver Streak Comics #8 CGC 6.0

Silver Streak Comics #17 CGC 8.5

New Book of Comics #2 CGC 4.0

Captain America Comics #74 CGC 4.0 OW/W

Wonder Comics #1 CGC 3.5 MP

Marvel Mystery Comics #33 CGC 6.5

We have also decided to put up a few comics that did not have a chance to go to CGC:

1. USA Comics #7 - unrestored lower grade with bonus coverless USA #6

2. Superman Lot with nice Action Comics #15, Superman #13 and Superman #24

3. Lou Fine Lot - With Nice unrestored Wonder Comics #2, front cover to Fantastic Comics #3 and more.

Holy poo on a stick! This is amazing. That is a beautiful Batman #1 for a 2.5! And a Cap #1 7.0? Wow. Are these collections any new pedigree collection?

Oh, just won a book from you last week and can't wait for it! Love the books you've been putting up! :D

Batman #1 CGC 2.5 and Captain America #1 CGC 7.0 as well as 35 classic Golden Age auctions ending tonight!

Here is the link to our EBAY auctions!

Our Horror/ Sci-Fi auction is also underway that ends next Sunday, November 18th. Check out over 135 auctions featuring classic covers and high grade pre-code issues.

Our Next BIG Golden Age auction will start on Sunday, November 25th!

Early Highlights

Terrific Comics #4, All-Winners #21, Cat-man #20, Cat-man #24, Captain Flight #11, High Grade Batman and Wonder Woman, Amazing-Man #5, All-New Short Story Comics #1, High Grade Scarce Anti-Communism Promotional Comics and much more!

I wonder if Sandy will affect potential bidding ability... I predict some great deals ending tonight.

That Batman #1 and Captain America #1 may end up going for a steal based on where they are sitting currently... doh! Why did I spend my load on Pre-Hero books lately

Good Luck to all and I hope they go to boardies (thumbs u

Cap #1 7.0 ended for $63,700.. The 6.5 that Sparkle auctioned off closed at around $71k.. Last sale of a 7.0 sold for around $83k.. Yeah, Sandy may have affected the outcome

Bat #1 2.5 ended for about $30k.. A 2.0 sold for that much recently. My guess is due to the tape on the interior. Usually a 2.5 is a $35k book (probably would have had that price if it weren't for the tape).

Those are my observations