• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 68 and 227 both CGC 8.0, Hulk 181's 9.0 and 9.2q, highest graded Thor 158

14 posts in this topic

I'm offering a few high-grade and highly collectible comics. Most are first appearances, classic covers, or origin issues.

Images and descriptions to follow. Where I can, I'll list where I purchased the books and if I am the original owner.

Boilerplate conditions of sale have been cobbled together from others' sales postings. Basically, no Hall of Shamers. Also, the "I'll take it" emoticon trumps any pending PM transactions.

Photos uploaded from Photobucket's new Snapbucket feature, don't blame the software, blame the photographer and poor lighting conditions.

Shipping via USPS, sturdy double boxed, is free in continental US and I will pay up to $15 shipping costs anywhere else in the world including Macmurdo Station, Antarctica.

I have bought and sold to many boardies over the years and am one of the first 10 members of the CGC Forum. PM with any questions.

Without further ado, then...

Thor 158 CGC 9.8 white: highest grade on CGC census. Deep purple-blue cover so difficult to find in super high grade. ORIGIN ISSUE! $1100.

I bought this book years ago on a business trip to Orlando FL at Acme Comics, where I also found nice copies of Thor 165 and 166. This book was by far the star, though.

Here's the thumbnail, click to enlarge:

th_C27B00C1.jpg

Incredible Hulk 181, first appearance of Wolverine. I have two copies for sale.

The first is CGC 9.0, off-white to white. Priced right at 90-day GPA: $1614 (last sale was $1672). Nice saturated red background.

I purchased this raw from a large bronze-age collection recently - almost all were really nice shape. I paid a strong price for the books, but it is so rare to see a group like this I had to go for it. Now I'm passing along part of my good fortune.

Here's the thumbnail, click to enlarge.

th_F9F9F52E.jpg

Incredible Hulk 181, CGC 9.2 WHITE, qualified "green" label due to a hole punch. You can see the white round area on Hulk's upraised left forearm, where the CGC microchamber paper is visible. This book is otherwise complete and has the Marvel Value Stamp. (All the other qualified copies I know of are missing the value stamp). The hole punch is really a shame, since the book is so high grade otherwise. I was not the original owner here ( lol ).

This was an impulse buy on eBay, I am selling exactly at my cost (I had to pay shipping). I think it was a well priced when I purchased it, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. So why am I selling? I don't need two Hulk 181's and I plan to keep whichever one that doesn't sell first. This one is obviously a higher grade and a nice value as long as the hole punch doesn't detract from your opinion of the book. $730

Here's the thumbnail. Click on the image to enlarge.

th_300B2C2C.jpg

Batman 68, CGC 8.0 "Two Face cover, atomic explosion panels, bondage cover" per CGC label.

This book is from 1951-52, when the superhero craze was yielding to crime, romance, and horror comics. It's very tough to find superhero books in 8.0 or above from this era. This book is no exception, only 5 copies on the CGC census grade higher of this yellow cover issue. Pages on this copy are lovely and supple, earned an off-white to white designation. This book is perfectly registered and front cover alignment is exact, so that the black line dividing front from back cover is exactly at the stapled spine. Defects are staining at back cover, front cover image looks much better than VF.

I was fortunate to find this book about 10 years ago at a local show from a dealer I had never seen before, and unfortunately have not seen since. I was reluctant to encapsulate it because the pages were so nice and fresh, but it did come back right at the grade I'd bought it.

Pricing is difficult, only 1 GPA sale but that was September 2012 at $1060. I would like $1050 for this copy, double-boxed bulletproof shipping to continental US included

Here's the thumbnail, click image to enlarge:

th_F8DEF66C.jpg

Batman 227, CGC 8.0 White, classic cover. This book is always in demand. Neal Adams' superb take on the classic Detective 31 cover. The black background makes this one nearly impossible to find in the nosebleed-high grades.

An 8.5 just sold on eBay for $532. I am asking SOLD, which is also the GPA 90 day average.

Here's the thumbnail, click on the image to enlarge:

th_B3566A27.jpg

Batman 227, CGC 8.0 White, classic cover. This book is always in demand. Neal Adams' superb take on the classic Detective 31 cover. The black background makes this one nearly impossible to find in the nosebleed-high grades.

An 8.5 just sold on eBay for $532. I am asking SOLD

th_B3566A27.jpg

:takeit:

Thanks to TheGeneral! PM me with your shipping information.

An 8.5 just sold on eBay for $532. I am asking SOLD, which is also the GPA 90 day average.

th_B3566A27.jpg

:takeit: