• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is it...

1 post in this topic

About issue 1?

It doesn't matter how well I pre-screen my books; and it doesn't matter how they compare to the other books I send in (even in the same submission)...whenever I submit a #1 my grade is hammered.

This time I submitted four books (coupon) which I determined where all a strong 8.0 - although I thought, maybe, one of them was a little nicer than the others (it was graded highest).

I got back a 7.0, a 7.5, an 8, and an 8.5 - and sure enough, the lowest grade was the book worth the most if the grade had been better...the issue #1.

Was my grading all that bad? No - I don't think so half a grade is an opinion. But, why oh why is it always the issue 1 that gets hammered? Yes, every time, my issue 1 comes back grades lower than the rest of my submission - almost as if there were 'special grading criteria' for issue 1...

Oh - my books & grades?

Weird War 1: 7.0 - OW

Weird War 3: 8.5 - OW/W

Strange Adventures 73: 8.0 - OW/W Highest Graded (only other in census is a 5.5)

Strange Adventures 76: 7.5 - C/OW (?) 2nd Highest Graded (one higher at 8.0, one lower at 6.5)

Shortly I should be able to get these bad boys up in my registry.

Happy Hunting

Lee K

See more journals by Lee K