• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature Series Noob Thread READ HERE BEFORE STARTING THREAD
9 9

254 posts in this topic

Mail away signings are possible. They have to be approved by CGC, Also the creator must agree to fill out and return all of CGC's required paperwork to complete the process. Mailaways are typically at least 20 books.

Damn I messaged the guy and he said he would def sign it for me and send it to where it had to be sent with no problem, Is there a way for me to get this paperwork mail it to him and then mail it to wherever it has to go

Yes. The way to do it is to get the mailaway approved by CGC, and go through all the steps that I outlined.

Regarding getting your books signed in person and submitting yourself, what is the best method for handling multiple books over a con? I have several books I am taking to ECCC and I would rather not fill out a submission form for each one. Other than giving my books to Rich_Henn or Menace (which as awesome as their services are, detracts from the whole experience for me), all I can think of is having someone follow me from line to line until they are all done so I can drop them at the CGC booth. Which honestly sounds a little far fetched. Obviously I am missing a key peice of information here, so I would appreciate some insights. The only book I have gotten SS before was at WW Chicago last August and that went straight from Stan Lee's booth to Desertwind.

Edited by Naelbis

No that's pretty much it. Alert a witness just before signing to come watch

Regarding getting your books signed in person and submitting yourself, what is the best method for handling multiple books over a con? I have several books I am taking to ECCC and I would rather not fill out a submission form for each one. Other than giving my books to Rich_Henn or Menace (which as awesome as their services are, detracts from the whole experience for me), all I can think of is having someone follow me from line to line until they are all done so I can drop them at the CGC booth. Which honestly sounds a little far fetched. Obviously I am missing a key peice of information here, so I would appreciate some insights. The only book I have gotten SS before was at WW Chicago last August and that went straight from Stan Lee's booth to Desertwind.

At most shows, they will allow you to keep an invoice open while you are out getting all your sigs done with a CAW.

At most shows, they will allow you to keep an invoice open while you are out getting all your sigs done with a CAW.

And if you are getting multiple sigs on a book, the CAW or CGC will need to hold the book once it has been signed, and you have to make arrangements for a witness to bring your book when you get near the front of the line.

Well, this is going to be...complicated. I appreciate the information. lol CGC has stricter standards for SS books than I do for evidence collection in court.
:roflmao:

yeah its a lot of work. Thats why Ive been contacting Menace. He is doing some good stuff for me at ECCC. Granov, Skottie Young etc!!!

Silly question for you sketch cover guys.

Do you prep sketch covers before giving them to an artist, and just cut out a huge window in a bag and board? Or do you just give them the raw comics and hope for the best?

This is an opinion type thing.

My personal preference is to give them the blank and encourage them to remove it from it's bag and board.

I want them to cover as much of the sketch cover as possible. To me the art overules the grade.

Others prefer to keep it in a window bag and board, hope for that 9.8.

Your call.

Totally agree with you.

I just had over the weekend my Incredible Hulk (4th series) Blank Variant cover sketched and signed by Neal Adams. I gave him the raw book and let him work his magic. To me personally, blank variants are all about trying to get a sketch drawn, signature is obviously a plus also. This book with the profile sketch of the Hulk is my first piece of original art work, which I will treasure and share with my son and grandson for a long time.

Now the long wait begins, 'till it returns back home.

HULK14thseries.jpg.html?sort=2&o=0

Hey Guys. I'm heading to Chicago for the big con in August and will be getting Stan Lee and Neal Adams to sign a couple of books. I want to submit them to CGC after they've been signed, so do you recommend masking off an area on the books? Does it make a difference to the artists if the area is masked off or not? I was just wondering if they get put off by this or if most artists don't care either way.

Hey Guys. I'm heading to Chicago for the big con in August and will be getting Stan Lee and Neal Adams to sign a couple of books. I want to submit them to CGC after they've been signed, so do you recommend masking off an area on the books? Does it make a difference to the artists if the area is masked off or not? I was just wondering if they get put off by this or if most artists don't care either way.

Both of those guys are very used to dealing with window bagged books.

BUT REMEMBER you can't just "submit" the books after they have been signed. They have to be witnessed as they are being signed.

I can't tell you how many times I have been hanging around the booth at Chicago and some irate person starts yelling about how he wants to "submit" his recently signed books for SS. Happens EVERY year. :(

Thanks for letting me know! But I hear you about making sure to have it witnessed. I had posted that question on another thread as well. It sounds like for Neal I'll have to let the CGC people know first, and have one of them accompany me back while they witness it, and with Stan Lee, it sounds like there will be a retailer booth with representatives there that will verify it. Does that sound about right?