• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature Series Noob Thread READ HERE BEFORE STARTING THREAD
8 8

255 posts in this topic

Is it to difficult to answer the question? I thought this was a place for noob questions.... not for being jerks

I know it would have to be picked up by a witness... but is self- published stuff eligible for CGC or CGC SS

Edited by nriccijr

Is it to difficult to answer the question? I thought this was a place for noob questions.... not for being jerks

I know it would have to be picked up by a witness... but is self- published stuff eligible for CGC or CGC SS

Yes, they can be.

I want to get 3 graded comics signed through Desert Wind Comics. Is it better to ship them to DWC slabbed and have them take it out for the extra cost or just remove them myself then send them out. Anyone have experience with this type of situation?

NOOB question.

If a book is a green 9.8 with top staple not attached, how hard a hit will it take with a signature and going to yellow?

I think detached staple will get a 7.5 maybe a little higher.

[font:Book Antiqua]

I want to get 3 graded comics signed through Desert Wind Comics. Is it better to ship them to DWC slabbed and have them take it out for the extra cost or just remove them myself then send them out. Anyone have experience with this type of situation?

Pay the extra fee and don't risk damage to your books when shipped...

[/font]

2c

Is there a thread that states what blanks are good and which aren't as good to use in certain situations?

I'm wondering which ones take color well. I'd like to get a sketch done on an Image United blank, but it looks like its pretty slick and I'm wondering if that means it will suck to use. I have a short box worth of other blanks I could use such as twd 109, avengers 1, 7, defenders, and a bunch of others.

This would all be moot if Kirkman would finally put out an Invincible blank. The biggest cast of characters in the best super hero book ever and no blank.....

Edited by 400yrs

I'm having an artist on Facebook do a blank cover sketch for me. Can someone please tell me, step by step, how to get a Yellow label? Neither of us has a CGC account. I don't care what it costs I just want to get it done.

The main way is for him to hold onto the comic and when he attends a comic con either hand it off to you in the presence of a CGC representative or to work through one of the many facilitator's. Some artists I have worked with have even attended a Con they weren't on the bill for to drop off the comic themselves for me. Either way it needs to go from the artists to a CGC rep or facilitator.

The only other way is if a facilitator on here represents the artist and a board op is made between the facilitator and CGC. At that point I believe its a minimum of 10 submissions is needed in order to be authorized to send them in to CGC with proper forms that facilitators understand how to acquire and pass to the artist.

Good Luck and wait to see what it is.