• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature Series Noob Thread READ HERE BEFORE STARTING THREAD
8 8

255 posts in this topic

On 1/26/2023 at 11:08 AM, CGC Mike said:

I'll ask about this.

Thank you!  I'm not trying to trip anyone up here, would just like to know.  Honestly though, I think I would be less enthused to submit to future signing if both the CGC staff and the signer is aware of whose books they are signing.  I am completely aware that there are much cooler and well connected people than myself in this hobby.  I don't want to wonder if my request for, for example a 'Doomsday' sketch that came back as a 'Superman' sketch instead had anything to do with my lack of coolness.  Thanks again!

Edited by Iconic1s

• Administrator
On 1/26/2023 at 10:58 AM, Iconic1s said:

In this video on IG Todd talks about a ‘one of a kind’ book he is signing.  He also mentions the submitter’s name.

I was under the impression that once CGC receives books that they were barcoded and the submitters identity was then unknown throughout the process. I reviewed the CGC grading procedures and it’s clear for ‘grading’ but not for signings.

I asked this question on IG and CGC has not replied to it (I did have some other ‘unhelpful’ people chime in though).

I think it’s a legitimate question that I would like clarity on… during in-house private signings do the signers get to know whose books they are signing?

I think CGC’s silence on IG about this is telling, and I personally think they should NOT know. It’s not like at an in-person signing where you can smooze to get a better sketch/signature. It’s the ‘world’s most trusted third party grader’ taking possession of your books to have them worked on and I think the impartiality goes out the window if it is known who the books belong to when they are signed.  If I’m some cool dude/seller that the signer knows I get an awesome sketch, but if I’m just some average Joe I get the minimum effort.  Even the perception that this is possible is not right.  Again, it’s CGC getting the books signed on our behalf, not us at a show chatting up anyone.

@CGC Mike

B6482C37-E6BF-4145-B4D7-53C7B073AE4A.thumb.jpeg.a15416cfba2616b9a6f0404be39168e2.jpeg

As is standard for CGC the identity of the submitter is never known to the graders. The books are signed before they are graded and at this stage the CGC Sig staff have the invoice information at the signing.

We do not show the artists the invoices, only the books, but Todd asked about this book and this person in particular and we absolutely do shoutouts at signings for cool books with the artists. Customers love an opportunity to have a one on one moment with the artist even from afar.

This is also how we surprise customers with facetime calls from the artists. This is one of the big allures of doing an in-house signing.

Books are not signed differently depending on who they belong to. All customers receive the same signature from the artist.

On 1/27/2023 at 11:06 AM, CGC Mike said:

As is standard for CGC the identity of the submitter is never known to the graders. The books are signed before they are graded and at this stage the CGC Sig staff have the invoice information at the signing.

We do not show the artists the invoices, only the books, but Todd asked about this book and this person in particular and we absolutely do shoutouts at signings for cool books with the artists. Customers love an opportunity to have a one on one moment with the artist even from afar.

This is also how we surprise customers with facetime calls from the artists. This is one of the big allures of doing an in-house signing.

Books are not signed differently depending on who they belong to. All customers receive the same signature from the artist.

Thank you.

Embarrassed to ask but what the heck.  I've got dozens of multi-sig books done by facilitators...but for a private signing, other than sending the book in it's current Yellow slab, do I have to do anything else (fill out a different form?)?  Asking for Paul Levitz as I've got a few LoSH that already have Giffen so Paul would be a great addition.

(And if the answer is "just mail the slab and CGC takes care of it", fantastic!)

If a creator is having a CGC signing event, and I have a raw comic with their signature, are they able to just acknowledge it is theirs and receive a yellow sticker? Or do I need to pay for the signature again?

I'm looking to have a book signed at Florida Supercon, 07/01/2023, by John Beatty. Thing is, I cannot confirm if any CGC facilitators will be attending the event, and if there aren't, I'm not sure where to go from there? 

All help is greatly appreciated.

On 6/22/2023 at 7:44 PM, Sane_Comics said:

I'm looking to have a book signed at Florida Supercon, 07/01/2023, by John Beatty. Thing is, I cannot confirm if any CGC facilitators will be attending the event, and if there aren't, I'm not sure where to go from there? 

All help is greatly appreciated.

You can contact the CGC Signature Series team to see if any facilitator was approved for that convention.

Hi guys new to SS here and I am a bit confused and wondering if someone can help me understand.  I purchased some comics from a Comic Shop that is a  CGC Signature Series Facilitator.  They came with COA's but I saw on the first post in here that you can't send in books with COA's so I am a bit confused at what the whole Signature Series Facilitator even is now.  Can someone please explain to me. These are all pristine books and I would hate to have them not get 9.8's because of the Signature on them. Thanks in Advance

Not sure if I'm allowed to ask this question, feel free to delete if not, but where do you guys get your blanks?  Is there a preferred or trusted online seller that offers blanks that are in potential 9.6 or 9.8 condition reliably?

Greetings All,

This might be a bit left field and apologise if this is in the wrong place to post this.

Does anyone here facilitate signings with William Tucci?

I have one of the 6 foot Shi posters that I would like, if possible, to have William sign and remark before I frame it.

If anyone can help, please send me a message. Please note I am based in the UK so will require international shipping.

Cheers,

Brian