• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men #122 CGC 9.6

5 posts in this topic

Latest addition...

Feeling inspired by B.Koskis recent additions. I picked this one up a couple weeks ago. Here are the highlights...

X-men 122 CGC 9.6 1979

1st Mastermind as Jason Wyngarde. Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, and Mariko appearance. Arcade, Black Tom, and Juggernaut cameo.

Real name of Colossus revealed for first time.

Summary and comic details...

http://marvel.wikia.com/X-Men_122

Quote:

We're super-heroes, Ororo, not God. We can save humanity from Doc Doom or Galactus...but not from itself. Luke Cage

12342.jpg

See more journals by surfer99

That is an amazing book. I used to think I would never pay the prices they want for them but after purchasing my Marvel Graphic Novel #4 I might try to get these books next. I also have to remember as much as I love a 9.8, there is NOTHING wrong with a 9.6 from this era. Hell I would even accept a 9.4 with white pages. That seems more with in my readily price range...hmmmmm

I like the Luke Cage quote Surfer. As an aspiring artist my whole life, I was always drawn to Colossus for the great silver effects on the printed page- in essence, using cyan (blue), black and the white of the paper. These books in the 70's/80's (and earlier of course) we're done via 4-color (CMYK) printing, not the high-tech silver/gold/platinum metallic inks and 6+ color plating techniques that printers have been able to achieve in the 90's and beyond. The Silver Surfer is one of the finest early examples of CMYK printing capturing "silver" without using any silver ink. It's really an optical illusion rendered to perfection.

This has always been one of my favorite X-Men covers. Nice grab!

That was really interesting about the color techniques you mentioned Shivabali. Makes you appreciate the artwork even more. The Silver Surfer was the first comic I ever collected and I really like the way he is drawn. Thanks for sharing your insight!

sig.jpg