• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine Limited Series #1

39 posts in this topic

It sells well consistently at shows for $50 - $60 to collectors so it must be key enough. (thumbs u

I'll take all the copies I can find. The popular cover sells the book. Doesn't hurt if I tell people it's Wolverine's first appearance :devil:

This^^^

IMG_20121105_091245.jpg[/img]

Bropper

Or

Conze

Came by this topic and thought I'd reply. Of course this is a a key. :grin:. It may just be Wolverine's most popular adventure to date. The cover to #1 isn't just one of the most iconic Wolverine covers ever. It's one of the most popular images of Wolverine period. It's been reproduced and paid homage by numerous artists over the years. Just as recent as a couple months ago as you can see from the images I've included. Lets not forget it's also the first "ever" Wolverine solo comic.

9e3411d9-64c8-4e66-9450-7945b771a3a6_480.jpg

6140384d-f1ef-4ea5-ae8f-d8ec8203d76c_480.jpg

- Better insight into the op's original question if look at how significant a number 1 issue was in 1982. Moreover, a number 1 issue that came out approximately 8 years after his 1st appearance during an era when multiple copies were purchased and immediately bagged.

- The "Limited Series" as a regular run was a relatively new approach and might contribute some value to the book.

- Miller and Wolverine? Not the same as Miller and Daredevil.

- A minor key for any Wolverine collector.

- A minor key for any Wolverine collector.

It is a must-have for the Wolverine collector. It is by no means scarce. However, the superabundant supply of copies available and the resulting damper on higher prices doesn’t diminish its significance to Wolverine collectors. How many Wolverine collectors wouldn’t want one in their collection? I know if I was a Wolverine collector, I would definitely want one in my collection.

Everybody and their brother bought multiple copies when it came out. I did. There’s still a glut of it sitting around. Gradually, those copies will be dispersed. My guess is eventually it will be considered more than a minor key when the oversupply dries up and prices rise. I think a lot of people equate high prices to determine how key a comic is. I know I have been guilty of that.

Also, with the passage of time, some comics considered to be minor keys gain significance. It's a good bet that Wolverine will still be an ongoing character for some time. IMHO, this comic will eventually be considered more than just a minor key.