• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TO shill or not to shill?

14 posts in this topic

(why would a new bidder with no feedback get in a bidding war on a 2,000 dollar comic book right off the bat?).

Well to quote what has been said here many times "we all started out at 0", which is why I posted the question.

I don't think we should jump to rash conclusions (not talking to you Ricky because I don't know your reasoning yet) as to the reasons for a newbie bidding on a book. Just because the book has a high dollar value should be irrelevant.

I have an auction running right now (in which Ricky had placed a bid) which is being run up by a 0 feedback newbie and am wondering whether I will be held accountable for this?

Unless we have indisputable evidence of wrong doing ( which Ricky is good at ferreting out) then we should be careful in throwing accusations around. JMHO.

I agree with you, araich, which is why I didn't accuse anyone of things. smirk.gif

But most of the time, sellers are nervous about 0 type EBayers bidding on such a large item in general (not to mention no "glasses" near the name, so the 0 bidder has had the account for some time). It just looked funny, but...who knows. From my time on EBay, i've learned anything is possible. Maybe the original poster knows something more that we don't.

Hmmmm. No scan of the book, EXTREMELY low feedback for the seller (four-- one of which is a negative), NO feedback for "goatman"... hell, the seller's never sold ANYTHING before, the only things he's purchased have been $70 Motley Crue t-shirts (????) and a G.I. Joe figure (OOP, might I add), and now he's selling THIS book? Is it a great leap of the imagination to think that the auction itself is bogus and that insufficiently_thoughtful_person is driving up his own fake sale?

Of course, my personal theory is that Ricky is the one behind all these auctions that he "finds"... he did it so he could get the personalized title. shocked.gifshocked.gifwink.gif