• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS #1

967 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Wreck-It Ralph said:

f that carries on my 30 cent will be worth more than my 35 cent which is crazy!

It's curious though.  Obviously, the 35-centers are rare and not enough have sold even during the past twelve months to allow the cycle of price hikes to take hold like with the much more numerous 30-centers.  Does logic and sound practice suggest that the price of the 35-centers relative to 30-centers should remain at whatever proportion it was a year or two ago ago?   As of right  now, 35-centers seems to be ridiculously undervalued (in terms of long-standing price data up until this wacky past year) because their low numbers have not allowed a revised picture of their valuation.   I wish somone in the know could address that properly.    

Edited by Pantodude

On 3/25/2021 at 1:56 PM, Rip said:

Perhaps my biggest regret of this whole run up is not getting a Star Wars #1 early last year.  Was a very obvious hole in my collection and Mandalorian buzz was afoot.  So I was actively looking for it and passed on several in the $1500 range because I was bargain hunting.  Then when I decided I'd man up and go to $1500, it was $2000.  Then when I decided I'd man up and go to $2000, it was $2500. 

Then it tripled.

On 3/29/2021 at 3:59 PM, BrooksR said:

eta nick has a video out showing that reprints are now going up too, madness.

Wow.  Honestly, Star Wars 1 always seemed a bit undervalued for a long time esp being the comic that started it all... esp with all the other SW first appearances that are blazing hot now

4 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Wow.  Honestly, Star Wars 1 always seemed a bit undervalued for a long time esp being the comic that started it all... esp with all the other SW first appearances that are blazing hot now

I do own this book as a 9.6 in the 30 cent variety. I love the OT.  Han is likely the best fictional character ever behind Indiana Jones. But, in some ways it being a key kinda puzzles me.  Really any comic that basically retells a film, and is an artificial (the characters were in the movie first) 1st apparence, just does not seem like it should hold the same importance or value as an original comic character in their first story. 

Maybe that is an unpopular oppinion, and Star Wars is likely the exception,  not the rule, but there it is.

Edited by drotto

51 minutes ago, drotto said:

I do own this book as a 9.6 in the 30 cent variety. I love the OT.  Han is likely the best fictional character ever behind Indiana Jones. But, in some ways it being a key kinda puzzles me.  Really any comic that basically retells a film, and is an artificial (the characters were in the movie first) 1st apparence, just does not seem like it should hold the same importance or value as an original comic character in their first story. 

Maybe that is an unpopular oppinion, and Star Wars is likely the exception,  not the rule, but there it is.

Haven't you gotten the memo?   Comic-Link and Heritage and most sellers apparently did.  Every Comic-Link listing for Star Wars #1 that I have seen going back eons says, "Released before the movie!," and that statement is 100% correct.  Seriously.  It is.  Now get with the program, bud.  (thumbsu  Also, not only did the comics technically precede the movies by several months, but the comics also had a legit long run of their own, with many offshoots.  In other words, Star Wars is a legit heavyweight presence in the history of comic books, not just movies and books and merch and on and on and on.         

2 hours ago, Pantodude said:

Every Comic-Link listing for Star Wars #1 that I have seen going back eons says, "Released before the movie!," and that statement is 100% correct.  Seriously.  It is.  Now get with the program, bud.  (thumbsu  Also, not only did the comics technically precede the movies by several months...

My friend and I started a youtube channel where we read and discuss the marvel star wars run. We’ve done a few episodes where we read the letter column (star words!). It’s interesting to read the early letters from people that have read the comic before the movie was released. A neat snapshot of history.

22 hours ago, Pantodude said:

Haven't you gotten the memo?   Comic-Link and Heritage and most sellers apparently did.  Every Comic-Link listing for Star Wars #1 that I have seen going back eons says, "Released before the movie!," and that statement is 100% correct.  Seriously.  It is.  Now get with the program, bud.  (thumbsu  Also, not only did the comics technically precede the movies by several months, but the comics also had a legit long run of their own, with many offshoots.  In other words, Star Wars is a legit heavyweight presence in the history of comic books, not just movies and books and merch and on and on and on.         

IIRC, Star Wars is the comicbook that saved Marvel from bankruptcy too.

Edited by jcjames