• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

Check this out.

Selling My Dad's Collection #2

EDIT: Thanks everyone. I will start looking into auction houses this week.

I posted here a couple years ago asking about selling my dad's comic book collection, got some very good recommendations, and then didn't do a damn thing about it... until last week. My parents went on vacation so we took the opportunity to catalogue everything and bag the vast majority of it.

So here's the story. He has around 3000 comics. The vast majority are from the silver age. And from the silver age he has basically everything essential as far as I can tell (i.e., he's only missing about 10 of the books on this list). And the vast majority of it looks to be in... amazing condition. Obviously I have no idea about specific grades but a lot of them look like at least 8s to me, and I think that might be conservative in a lot of cases. But have a look at some keys:

9JmZCOj.jpg

48g5sIC.jpg

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

That guy needs some Lamisil.

Yup. Comics can get mouldy, so I'd be concerned about fungal transfer.

Tragic to see classic Silver Age put at risk.

3 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

For bigger pics, click HERE.

Identify the artist (penciller) for the win.

Hint: This penciller & inker are same artist.

kBsA1Rw.jpg

Todd MacFarlane?